Mexborough Owl

Guest OneSimonGarner

Guest OneSimonGarner

Hello and congratulation on promotion.

I wondered if anybody on here knew a Terry Tyas who was a Wednesdy fan? He was my father and died in 1991.

I was young at the time and have no other close blood relatives and therefore would love to here from any of his friends who knew from going to Hillsborough.

I know this is a long shot as he would be 73 but maybe somebodies father on here can remember him. I have no memories of him.

Thankyou- Ian in Lancashire(KEAN OUT & THE AGENT).

i can't place him at moment but name rings a bell, im from mexborough and there are lots of wednesday fans here i'll have a ring round for you fella see what i can come up with and p.m. you if i come up wi owt. iv'e loads of mates of all ages who are owls so someone might know something.

Guest OneSimonGarner

i can't place him at moment but name rings a bell, im from mexborough and there are lots of wednesday fans here i'll have a ring round for you fella see what i can come up with and p.m. you if i come up wi owt. iv'e loads of mates of all ages who are owls so someone might know something.

Thankyou.

I know he was a joiner and often worked away, he ended up living in North Wales. His best mate was a Mick Wilson possibly from Glover Road or Street?( Sheffield) who i cant trace.

Guest OneSimonGarner

Ive also found out that he lived on Crossgate with his Grandma, just off Doncaster Rd. He used to knock about with a lad called Stanley Bailey. I think Stanley's family owned a coach firm. The coach yard was next door to my Grandmothers house.

thats where i know the name from! we used to go on BILLIES coaches a well known firm where they took us home and away, its was on the corner you mentioned. i used to go on coaches for years, we used to take a lot of coaches cos of large owls following in that area. it was based at hirstgate a long road off doncaster rd and crossgate is a road off hirstgate. i were a kid when i first started going on coach then up to late teens when they stopped running them. the coach firm is no longer there. but your dad would have been older than me and they always got the back seats and started singing off, us young un's knew our place then!!

Been looking in local directory and all these addresses and numbers are within 5 mile of mexborough. are they relatives who could help?

TYAS A.N. 17, castle grove terrace low rd, conisborough, doncaster. tel - 01709-860426

,, D. 31 ryecroft , conisborough, doncaster ,, -862165

,, D.L. 16 acacia grove, conisborough, doncaster ,, -864126

,, E. 10 maltby lane, braithwell, rotherham ,, -818649

,, J 142,queen st, swinton ,mexborough ,, -586658

,, K 18 oaks lane rotherham ,, -550533

,, M 14, st, helens close, thurnscoe,rotherham ,, -898415

,, N 1 pretoria cottages low rd conisborough, doncaster ,, -866766

,, R,H. 59 central avenue, swinton,mexborough ,, -589416

,, TOM. 7 athron drive, rotherham ,, -540439

Will keep enquireing for you see what pops up.

been to a barbie this weekend full of wednesday fans and like me your dads name rang a bell from goin with billies coaches, one of lads is gonna see if he can talk to a few of the older guys who would be around your dads age now. he thinks theres one or two still around area. will post you updatewhen we can find owt.

talkin to him at a barbie askin if he knew terry tyas, which he knew name but couldn't place him i mentioned a torryowl were trying to help. he said he had a friend in spain and it might be him. pops my cousin and said you used to go all over. if your the gentleman i think you are pops asked me to send his best wishes and hope you are well. I actually came to a few games with you for a while, birmingham city away 1970 stands out for me. at that game there was you, me,liver and pop. sounds like a bloody group! i was the young lad with you. please feel free to p.m. me anytime and i'd like to send my best wishes to you also.

tell him yogi sends his regards .....i still see liver when im over as he lives next door to my mum in harlington and he still turns out everyweek watching the owls .cant remember the brum game i'm afraid, the brains getting a bit addled with drinking to much wine and brandy these last few years .and cheers mate for getting in touch much appreciated ........

yogi, he were thinkin it was pete beardsley who came over for wycombe game, pop said he lives in torrevieja, but i know who you are! sure there was you, steve frost and a lad who's name escapes me for minute but i can still see his face now, you all went everywhere together watchin wednesday. the .last time i saw you and steve were in ferryboat 20 yr since. our lot that went were dave n dan mccarthy,tess platek, tiff griffin, dobbie,etc. will tell pop its you .all the best yogi. nice to know your well. enjoy your brandy mate!

no wonder i couldnt remember the brum game then . pop i remember from playing football with for mexboro youth club . pete lives about an hour away from me near benidorm and i keep in touch with him, he'll be quite amused i was mixed up with him . . the other bloke you were trying to remember was robert thomson (thommo)who sadly died 3 months ago .

right mate been in touch with pete today and also steve frost ..pete thinks you are chris cooper and frosty reckons you could be stew hutson but i know hutty from school and i dont think you are him we need a name .......and simon they both drew a blank on your dad but i'll keep askin around .