Absolutely Deluded

The interview with McCabe

http://audioboo.fm/b...-wembley-defeat

"cost us £15 million"

"financial implications if we don't get the wage bill down"

Basically they're going to blood youngsters. Hardly strengthening.

Listening to this, my heart flipping bleeds for the cvnts it really does. Things to cut costs? lets think? start by sacking a convicted sex offender who is probably their highest earner. maybe?

Edit- 90pts next year? More chance of signing RDM

Edited by Guest

What was it; 82 minutes without a single attempt on target? If either set of fans claim their team deserved to win they've got a bloody nerve. That was the most boring game I've sat through since the last time the Blades were on live.

It said 105 min on the FLS last night IIRC.

The level of delusion is astonishing. I was told today "Well, we'll see where we both are a year from now, after McCabes spent some of his 800 million" They just don't listen, even to their owner.

And, as to this "bad luck". There's another way of looking at it, they were EXTREMELY lucky to get to the final, they weren't good enough to be there. They were EXTREMELY lucky not to lose the game and get to penalties. They were EXTREMELY lucky in that Hudd missed their first three penalties.

Next season they are unlikely to get 5 own goals in 4 games, they certainly won't have a 35 goal striker either.

Surely Coventry will feel they're in with a shout too? And Donny for that matter (though I don't think they've much of a chance).

You might be right - the more the merrier as it makes it much harder then for the pigs to make the top 6.

My personal feeling is that Coventry will think it's a walk in the park and will suffer like we did a couple of seasons ago and PNE did last season. They're in for a shock as it's a battling league.

Doncaster appear to have lots of financial problems so just can't see them lasting the pace at all.

I fancy Portsmouth more than the other 2 relegated clubs because they've got used to difficulties, have planned for a wholesale restructure for a while now and will bring in players more suited for a battle.

I'm usually rubbish at betting, so don't put your house on it!

Some blunt just tweeted "Any former wednesday players in england squad? .... Oh wait"

(Because obviously that's what matters).

I went for the obvious response of "Any current united players in the Championship?"

lol

You might be right - the more the merrier as it makes it much harder then for the pigs to make the top 6.

My personal feeling is that Coventry will think it's a walk in the park and will suffer like we did a couple of seasons ago and PNE did last season. They're in for a shock as it's a battling league.

Doncaster appear to have lots of financial problems so just can't see them lasting the pace at all.

I fancy Portsmouth more than the other 2 relegated clubs because they've got used to difficulties, have planned for a wholesale restructure for a while now and will bring in players more suited for a battle.

I'm usually rubbish at betting, so don't put your house on it!

Coventry keep getting mentioned as contenders purely on name alone. They're crap and they haven't got a pot to wee wee in. They might have a slight edge on their rivals in attracting players because of their former status but without the money it could be a long stay down there. That club needs flushing out.

It's a tough league isn't it DJ?

I'll never forget that scorching first match at Swindon - 3-0 up after about 18 minutes and thinking it was going to be sooo easy.

Before finishing in the 2nd worst position in our entire history.

It's a battle from the first minute to the last - Coventry are just the latest to fall from grace who are the next on the list for the ritual scalping before they realise what it's all about.

So glad we've escaped it.

It's a tough league isn't it DJ?

I'll never forget that scorching first match at Swindon - 3-0 up after about 18 minutes and thinking it was going to be sooo easy.

Before finishing in the 2nd worst position in our entire history.

It's a battle from the first minute to the last - Coventry are just the latest to fall from grace who are the next on the list for the ritual scalping before they realise what it's all about.

So glad we've escaped it.

And sometimes, even 90 points isn't enough.

:biggrin:

I don't understand this assumption that they'll walk the division next year.

They have won, what, one game in six without Ched? They won't have him next season. Williamson and McDonald are arguably their next two most important players. Both are out of contract, aren't they? Hasn't McDonald already said he will go if they didn't go up? Quinn earns more than United's League One budget will stretch to next season, and probably still has just about enough quality about him to attract a Championship move. Maguire and Lowton will have suiters too, although f*ck knows why in the case of the former.

What's left after that? Players like Chris Porter, who is an absolute comedy player, equally as bad as anything I've watched in a Wednesday shirt for the last 12 years.

And all those players were a part of the end of season run in and play-offs, games where I personally thought they were f*cking garbage every time I saw them. They were negative and completely toothless. The idea that the squad that played those last six games could have amassed 90 points and finished 3rd over the course of a season without Ched is hysterical.

United will lose a good number of their "better" players over the summer, have already lost their talisman, goalscoring striker, will have to significantly lower their wage bill and will be bargain basement shopping for replacements.

If United fans think we'll be swapping places next season, or that their form prior to MK Dons away this season means they'll definitely go up next season, and if they genuinely believe they were the leagues best side last year, then all this laughing at them is going to last WAAAY longer than this summer.

Spot on, I can see them being put into receivership after lookin at Mc Sue's face saturday they are on a downward spiral too oblivion, will not be in the top 6 at any point next year they're fooked.