Absolutely Deluded

Almost verbatim from a deluded pig earlier today in the pub.

I'd rather be in our position than the Wendies. We'll walk the division next season, by far and away the strongest team and we'll strengthen in the summer. Plus Ched will be back next season after his appeal.

We'll win 90% of our games next season while the Wendies will be lucky to win at all. I'd rather see good, exciting, winning football than my team loose every week like the Wendies will. I reckon this time next year we'll be swapping places with them cnuts. Karma will see to that.

The thing is he wasn't even drunk and was deadly serious. I just smirked at him as he went to the bar and said "steady on pal, mind the gap".

Guest York-owl-chris

Karma? hahaha

The only club seeing the effects of Karma around here is them tinpot wnkers.

I don't understand this assumption that they'll walk the division next year.

They have won, what, one game in six without Ched? They won't have him next season. Williamson and McDonald are arguably their next two most important players. Both are out of contract, aren't they? Hasn't McDonald already said he will go if they didn't go up? Quinn earns more than United's League One budget will stretch to next season, and probably still has just about enough quality about him to attract a Championship move. Maguire and Lowton will have suiters too, although f*ck knows why in the case of the former.

What's left after that? Players like Chris Porter, who is an absolute comedy player, equally as bad as anything I've watched in a Wednesday shirt for the last 12 years.

And all those players were a part of the end of season run in and play-offs, games where I personally thought they were f*cking garbage every time I saw them. They were negative and completely toothless. The idea that the squad that played those last six games could have amassed 90 points and finished 3rd over the course of a season without Ched is hysterical.

United will lose a good number of their "better" players over the summer, have already lost their talisman, goalscoring striker, will have to significantly lower their wage bill and will be bargain basement shopping for replacements.

If United fans think we'll be swapping places next season, or that their form prior to MK Dons away this season means they'll definitely go up next season, and if they genuinely believe they were the leagues best side last year, then all this laughing at them is going to last WAAAY longer than this summer.

McCabe gambled on promotion in order to keep together the best possible side from what they came down with to make an immediate return.

It didn't work and they can't afford to keep a number of these players. They have to allow players to leave and they have to replace them in line with what is going to be a massively reduced wage bill being dictated to them. And the debt is going to rise irrespective of how they approach that.

Mwahahaha. Even if you were writing this end of season you couldn't do a better job.

It will be competitive at the top again - Brentford, MK Dons, Swindon, Notts County, Carlisle, PNE, Stevenage and possibly Portsmouth, Bournemouth or Crawley will be fighting to be part of the top 6.

The porkers have to restructure - and get the wage bill down massively - so I don't see them getting anywhere near 90 points next season - they might scrape the play-offs but we all know what happens next :rolleyes::tango:

Guest Distraught!

Forget them, just can't give a flip what they do in L1. More interesting is this feeling or delusion that they are forming that we will struggle and most likely get relegated. The facts from my point of view are that I have never felt so confident in our side since the days of Big Ron and the early Francis days. Mandaric will invest and we have a quality manager. I think below the bravado, the Blunts know (or at least suspect) that what I am saying is true.

Forget them, just can't give a flip what they do in L1. More interesting is this feeling or delusion that they are forming that we will struggle and most likely get relegated. The facts from my point of view are that I have never felt so confident in our side since the days of Big Ron and the early Francis days. Mandaric will invest and we have a quality manager. I think below the bravado, the Blunts know (or at least suspect) that what I am saying is true.

This!!!

The side is so much better as it is, before signings, than it was when we were last relegated in 2010. Obviously the competition is stronger but I also firmly believe, with our squad and form at the end of the season, we would have comfortably beat most of the bottom half of the championship table. Very confident (not to be confused with deluded or arrogant) for next season already.

Let them have their delusions, we don't have to worry about them next season and probably not for some considerable time after that.

Too true, as i've posted before when they lost to us on BDM they faded away from a top spot and got relegated into the the old fourth the following season. :tango:

Having just won 40 quid from the only blade in the village, I asked him if he wanted double or quits on them staying up next season. His reply? No flippingchance, I can't afford to lose 80 quid!

See, they're not ALL deluded!

Guest Big Guns

They really are coming out with crap like

Were gunna come straight back down with this side

Erm were gunna be getting new players in

Already got the best keeper in the division

Fookwits the lot of them

Guest Distraught!

McCabe just been on radio saying cost them 15mill not going up

Good!

That's equal to 3/5 of his ill gotten gains from West Ham.

Hopefully it will end up costing him much more!

Having just won 40 quid from the only blade in the village, I asked him if he wanted double or quits on them staying up next season. His reply? No flippingchance, I can't afford to lose 80 quid!

See, they're not ALL deluded!

It wasn't Matt Lucas that you won the £40 off, was it?

Guest Distraught!

McCabe just been on radio saying cost them 15mill not going up

Mind the 15 million quid gap, McSue!

Still chasing 3 grand from an impoverished non league side, are you?

Re-mortgage your fekkin' hotel to make good the losses.