DJ is going to watch Hudders/MKD

We will not be signing Rhodes! Spurs, Everton, Stoke, Norwich and Wigan were all sniffing round him but were put off by Huddersfield's absurd price tag. What makes people think we could a) afford him, b) be a bigger attraction than them or c) out muscle them on wages ?????

Dream on people!

Only the last three of those mentioned clubs would be serious about signing Rhodes. You are right, Huddersfields valuation did seem absurd, but they wanted to hold on to him. If they fail to win promotion, things may change. One other point, when Mackail Smith left Peterborough, all the talk was of him going to a lower Premier League outfit but no. he joined newly promoted Brighton. OK it didn't work out for him, but my point is we are in the same situation and we are a much bigger club than Brighton. I agree its unlikely but don't right it off

I think a lot will depend on what Rhodes wants to do. He comes over as a humble and level headed lad, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he would be happier playing regularly in the championship than struggling for pitch time in PL, regardless of the obvious difference in prospective wages...

I would imagine that is who DJ is watching tbh

I'd bust the bank to get Rhodes. Sheffield United have shown that having a goalscorer can get you very far in football, they change defeats into draws and draws into wins. If you have a goalscorer, the sky's the limit, look how far United have dropped since they lost Evans, they were 3 points in front of us with 4 games left, yet they finished 3 points behind us. With a goalscorer, anything is possible.

Madine and Rhodes up front, we'd be awesome.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Were not signing Rhodes he Will go to the premiership

Had to do a double take of that ........... I thought at first glance it was going to be;

"If we dont sign Rhodes we can forget about automatic promotion to the premiership next season" :ph34r:

Edited by owls-swfc

Guest Big Guns

Had to do a double take of that ........... I thought at first glance it was going to be;

"If we dont sign Rhodes we can forget about automatic promotion to the premiership next season" :ph34r:

On a similar note

If we do sign Rhodes we've every chance of automatic promotion next season....