Changed man, but Ranger still on way out of Toon

Guest intercity0wl

Define hungry? in this context it means nothing. Are you just saying he's hungry cos he scored a few goals?

And he's 28 I think.

Hungry in that he still needs to eat even after having McDonald's - they just aren't filling... gary megson

In retrospect, hungry young striker is one of those phrases....

What I was basically mean was a striker from the lower leagues that would relish the chance of the step up to a bigger club and play his heart out having been given the chance. Buy potential, someone who may become the next big thing!

I didn't realise that Beavon was that old, he might not be the right example but you probably now get the idea!

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I would still have preferred Lowe to be starting in the final few games we had instead of Ranger.. it's not a coincidence that Madine hasnt scored in the run in as much as he did with Lowe alongside him...

Guest SWFC_MUEL89

I think he's worth a shout if the wages arn't too much, admittedly he's not going to be banging in 20 odd but a good player on and off the ball IMO

He has hardly been prolific since he has come in has he! Now I agree he has linked up well with Madine but the goals have been coming from elsewhere since he arrived.

If that £250K could be put towards someone else or even wages then I think I'd prefer that.

We got what we needed out of him in league 1 but I can't see him being anything special in the NPC. Didn't he struggle at Barnsley?

Just not bothered...

Guest TTOwl

I would still have preferred Lowe to be starting in the final few games we had instead of Ranger.. it's not a coincidence that Madine hasnt scored in the run in as much as he did with Lowe alongside him...

This

Against Wycombe I would have taken him off at half time.

He was second to every ball, mistimed every header and didn't impress.

He had a better second half and obviously scored.

So, what do I know?

But, I am not over excited about retaining him.

All about opinions I suppose.

Apart from setting up the 1st goal and scoring a wrongly disallowed goal, he did nothing in the 1st half...

So, what do I know?

I agree, in fact I was desperate to see him taken off until he scored.

He did however look a completely different player as soon as he scored, there is certainly ability in him, but for what we want to achieve, I'm just not sure there is enough, and that we would see it on a regular basis.

Woudnt be too disappointed if we signed him, but personally I'd look elsewhere.

Guest JonTheOwl66

So, what do I know?

Apart from the perfectly good goal that got disallowed of course....

:rolleyes:

Apart from setting up the 1st goal and scoring a wrongly disallowed goal, he did nothing in the 1st half...

This ^

I too wasn't convinced about his pairing with Madine, as I wasn't about the Madine/COG combo. Has showed the occasional flash of brilliance though and would be worth a gamble, but only on a season long loan

Guest intercity0wl

I'm thinking I saw a different game last Saturday, both him and Madine were pretty average first half, but second half, Ranger won it hands down If anyone was to come off it should have been Madine

I have to go along with this.

Agree with the comments that he looked much better on Saturday after he scored.

I'm a bit meh on whether I would him to sign. He has played well in some games this season, he certainly puts himself about and causes problems, He did well at Orient, Colchester and Brentford without scoring, but arguably did more than Madine; but he doesn't look like he will ever be prolific. Not sure if he has enough goals in him.

But if he s cheap and wages can e negotiated then he'll be a decent addition to the squad. I wouldn't sleep over it if e didn't sign though.

Edited by Benjani

do we have any chance of signing Jordan Rhodes? if Huddersfield fail to go up would we stand a chance. I know his dad works for wednesday and I know West Ham wanted him but maybe if they go to the premiership they will drop the interest. I know he was being touted at £4m which is probably out of our range but if no prem team wanted him how much of a chance would we stand against other championship teams? Also id get Gary Roberts in as he is out of contract and he is quality he would be really good competition for whoever is on the left wing next season.

If COG goes to Barnsley, he'd be a decent enough replacement on a season long loan. His potential and his age mean that, as one of four strikers, he'd surely be worth the risk Far from the finished product though