To All North American Owls

Was talking with Daz (he's based in Florida) the other day and we both thought it would be awesome if the North American based Owls (i.e. US, Canada & Mexico) could have some sort of get together in one of the more obvious tourist spots (Vegas, DisneyLand or World etc), preferably on an annual basis.

Would this be of interest to anyone? Also, as soon as the fixture list comes out what about the possibility of picking out a game where we could attend as a group?

Not sure how feasible this us so am floating the idea to get everyones input. Any sensible suggestions welcomed!

Alright mate, its a good idea and keep me posted but I fear reality may scupper any plans of myself joining you. I have barely any holiday days over here and what I have is saved for visiting family back home or in-laws in South Carolina.

I can certainly help you out though and spread the word to the NY Owls, see if they're interested.

Thanks for getting back to me lads. For the US get together I was thinking along the lines of a long weekend in Vegas (Friday to Sunday or Monday) and as far as a trip back to Sheffield probably looking at a set date towards the back end of next season if that helps. If we got something planned with plenty of notification I am sure the club would ensure we got tickets etc.

Good idea. How about Labour day long weekend in so far as its the same both sides of the border.

Dunno how that might affect prices in Vegas. Would it be cheaper outside of an official holiday. Also wifey could head off to LA to visit her sister - win-win :biggrin:

Would deffo try to go for it.

For a trip home obviously more challenging but I usually look at going in March before fares increase, the weather's a bit warmer and the fixture list usually has 2 home games close together

Sounds like a good idea Edmonton. September 3rd. Vegas will be pricey over that weekend though (it's always double the price at the weekends anyway).

If enough of us commit may be able to get a deal. What does everyone else think?

Edited by Utah Owl

Sorry fella's count me out this year. That is the start of hunting season in Wy and school. Are wifes involved ? Would make it a whole lot easier in the future if they are.

I hope you have fun, I will keep an eye open for future games you may plan on attending, have a good summer.

UTO

I can tell you now I'm in Sheffield for two weeks in August and a week in December, just waiting on the fixture list to confirm what games i will get to. that pretty much takes care of my holidays (vacation) any meeting up should be at Hillsborough in my humble opinion?!

Fair comment Brooklyn, but a weekend in Vegas is going to be a lot easier to organise than a trip back home, plus it can be done without killing everyone's holidays! Will be in UK in January myself so hoping to get two or three games in.

Love the idea, but like the others are saying, the practicalities of my 12 days leave a year (I thought slavery was over) are likely to get in the way.

Of course, a possible US pre-season tour next summer (to boost the new links with North American clubs) might be the catalyst we all need to meet up...

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Love the idea, but like the others are saying, the practicalities of my 12 days leave a year (I thought slavery was over) are likely to get in the way.

Of course, a possible US pre-season tour next summer (to boost the new links with North American clubs) might be the catalyst we all need to meet up...

That would be awesome. Real Salt Lake v Owls...........................hmmmm!