Congratulations from Wycombe on a great day....

Guest WWFC

My dad and his mate just so happened to move into the North West Corner after full time and got chatting to a group of Wycombe fans, just saying thanks for coming all that way and that they were proper fans etc

My dad and his mate then decided to go to the offy grab a few cans and stand in the Penistone Road Bus stop, when the Wycombe fans that they had just been talking to drove past in the car and they were all waving including the driver . . . . who didn't notice that the lights had changed to red and unfortunately he ended up plowing into the car infront whilst waving which caused a little pile up

My old man was saying he felt really bad for em

Just a little story to tell :rolleyes:

On the whole though the Wycombe fans were great! All credit for coming down all that way when already relegated! Proper fans those who came yesterday

out of all the crowd just one idiot who was sat in a green jacket in our enclosure (possibly staff?) who decided to start giving it the bishop basher signs after your first goal.

Bald head blue bib?

We had a similar "love-in" with Norwhich in the Championship a few years ago, when all parts of the ground applauded Dion Dublin's last ever game. It's great to make these friendships with other clubs supporters, and although I do enjoy how we wind the Blunts up with the "MASSIVE" jokes, people from outside Sheffield think we are being arrogant, when we are one of the most down to earth sets of supporters you could wish to find.

All the best to Wycombe for the future, friendships forged in the steel city last a long time.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I was sat right next to the North West Corner in the West Upper (hidden behind a metre high of blue tarpaulin) and I heard you guys singing "This city is yours" and I even recall a certain "she said no" chant also. lol

But seriously you lot were brilliant, and it was a nice touch to see you applauding us whilst you were waiting on the coaches after the game, I along with many others happily returned the gesture.

People will talk about the 37,500+ Wednesdayites who attended the game that day for years to come, but we must not forget that if it wasn't for us playing an opposition already relegated from the third tier of the football league (meaning no disrespect when I say that) then it would of never been possible to have all of the West Stand allocated to the Home fans for us to even talk about the Wednesday supporters attendance..

As I said before you guys were brilliant, Ninja Turtles and all, and here's to hoping you bounce straight back up next season like you were bouncing with us yesterday.

I'm glad you enjoyed your day out, and you lot are a credit to not just your own Club, but to Football in general. Glad you could be part of a very memorable day

There was one idiot who was sat next to me who was trying to give you abuse, he didnt get far though. You deserved your round of applause as well :D

All the best for next season

Guest BB OWL

Top class fans, probably best banter with the asway fans we've had in a while especially with the 'city is yours' chant, QUALITY. All the best in league two, judging on what i saw in glimpses yesterday you should wee wee all over that league.

Wycombe showed some glimpses of quality yesterday and their keeper is fukkin fantastic. I hope our two clubs can arrange a pre-season friendly so we can come and repay the fabulous support you showed at Hillsboroughn yesterday. It would be good to start a new found friendship with a club like yours with its proper supporters. We could even sing something like "This Village is Yours" (only joking). Would be nice to take a few thousand down there

Must be the only set of fans to ever be applauded at Hillsborough for only bringing 400......but it was deserved applause as you all came and joined in our party with no hint of hostility........i looked round after our 1st and when the Exeter score came up and almost all the Wycombe fans were stood up applauding as Hillsbro' rocked....for that i thank you it certainly touched me when i saw it and thank you for helping our great club celebrate a great day

Good Luck Wycombe - see you soon !!

...what a great day yesterday was, not only did we get a chance to visit your great stadium but also to witness such scenes. Its what being a football fan is all about.

Great to meet you fans on the trains and trams and talk well with you, very down to earth and good people. Good atmosphere in the ground, very loud and good banter.

Good result for you, and great to witness the pitch invasion in a non aggressive fashion towards us, which allowed us to enjoy the moment without worry. Great to see your fans come over to us.

Also lovely to feel safe to stay and applaud your players.

out of all the crowd just one idiot who was sat in a green jacket in our enclosure (possibly staff?) who decided to start giving it the bishop basher signs after your first goal.

Great occasion and good luck, a wonderful club with great fans...you belong in the premier league!

Good to see the large inflatable football from our fans in the middle of the pitch invasion bouncing around.

I hope SAG/SYP read this and act accordingly if future.