Transfer Budget

i love threads like this, we have so many more options now we are a Championship club. My mate Brownowl reckons Nicky Maynard from West Ham could be an option especially if they get promoted.

I think we need 7-8 players minimum and i expect a lot of coming's and going's from Hillsborough over the close season.

We have a lot of players that are not good enough at Championship level if we want to be top half or higher.

I think with a couple of good loan signings, 3 or 4 good freebies, and a couple of players who we pay for we could be in for a very interesting next season.

UTO.

Your mate talks a lot of sense - does he have any badges ???

For me we need a new spine for the starting line up - new keeper, centre back, creative centre mid, and pacy striker.

Any money to be spent would primarily go on the centre mid and striker.

Cant want for next season - bring it on !!!

I think the £3m + £1-2m extra wages makes sense. Supposedly worth £4m extra being in championship. That plus the extra season ticket and match day gates / sponsorships, corporate etc. should give us about £5m+ which means we'll be comfortable spending that as well.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Will Milan open his wallet and speculate ?

I don't expect silly money but believe we will need about £10 mil to strengthen our squad to be a player in the Championship.

10 million ... Bloody hell........ would you like to work that one out for us

Guest James Junny

There has to be a lot of quality brought in if we are to do anything in the championship, firstly Antonio on a season long loan, try and sign batth but he wont come cheap, kieth treasy I can see signing for sure, I would go all out for Jordan Rhodes and Gary Roberts, Greg halford and stephen Henderson from Portsmouth, Kyle Bennett and Brian stock from doncaster, Jason koumas with a pre season might be a good shout, Luke freeman, out Bennett, otsemobor, Morrison, coke, sedgwick, out on loan mike Jones, Daniel Jones, mark beevers, rod, I think jermaine Johnson should get a new contract,

There has to be a lot of quality brought in if we are to do anything in the championship, firstly Antonio on a season long loan, try and sign batth but he wont come cheap, kieth treasy I can see signing for sure, I would go all out for Jordan Rhodes and Gary Roberts, Greg halford and stephen Henderson from Portsmouth, Kyle Bennett and Brian stock from doncaster, Jason koumas with a pre season might be a good shout, Luke freeman, out Bennett, otsemobor, Morrison, coke, sedgwick, out on loan mike Jones, Daniel Jones, mark beevers, rod, I think jermaine Johnson should get a new contract,

But Rhodes and Roberts havent even shown they can make it out of the lg1. What make you think they could get us up from the Championship?

We need to get rid of Reynolds asap! One of the worst footballers ive seen at S6 ! IMHO

What about trying to get Grant McCan in from Peterborough? He's been put on the transfer list at posh due to turning down a new contract offer. George Boyd is also on the very same transfer list having also turned down a new offer .. he scores for fun at Championship level .. Just a thought ..

Negative at -5 (and counting lol) Do I give a flip - lol

Gets everyone thinking about who and how much, and we are a Championship Club. Seriously, when you look at the quality of players who we will be playing next year , we need quality players in our squad and they will cost.

WTID UTO

We should be looking to get rid of around 7/8 players.

Jameson Free

Rob Jones Free

Jon Otsemobor £100kish

Julian Bennett £200kish

Giles Coke £250kish

Chris Sedgwick Free

Clinton Morrison Free

Maybe's for me would be

Mark Reynolds

David Prutton

Chris O'Grady

over half a million quid for coke,bennett and semi in your dreams mate .