Transfer Budget

Milan will probably follow the same blueprint as Leicester, Danny Batth is as important for us as Hobbs was for them. He also spent money on Waghorn which didn't work out.

If we could keep the majority of the team that has won the last 10 games together and add a bit more quality to it then were ok, its all about momentum and we don't want to disrupt things too much either.

There isn't much money being thrown around in the championship these days so I don't think it would take much to make us competitive

The most important thing in that league is to have a good manager who knows his stuff, and we have that in Dave Jones

He got Cardiff very close without spending big so I'm very confident for next season

If Hudds don't go up, Gary Roberts is on a free right?

I'm sure we could do better then him, but he'd be acecent back up.

There isn't much money being thrown around in the championship these days so I don't think it would take much to make us competitive

The most important thing in that league is to have a good manager who knows his stuff, and we have that in Dave Jones

He got Cardiff very close without spending big so I'm very confident for next season

Your right, compared to a couple of years ago this is how it is now. We could really give it aright old go next year.

Guest OutandOutOwl

Thinking first what to do with our current players:

Weaver- if he is out of contract I'd release him. True professional but very injury prone and not better than Bywater. IMO. Think ROD could be good number 2

ROD- offer 3 year deal

Bywater- offer new 2 year deal

Julian Bennett- try and offload

Dan Jones- try and offload

Beevers- keep debating this one. Trying to think objectively. Not sure he can do it in the league above. Maybe a 2 year deal, but not sure he is good enough

Otsemibor- release

J.Johnson- release - need to make room for the new signings

Palmer- try and get him out onloan for a year

Sedgwick- release

Mike Jones- DJ doesn't rate him, so move him on. I have heard to Sflaphorpe

Morrison- release

COG- move on. DJ doesn't rate

Coke- probably move on

That would give us

Bywater

ROD

Buxton-(GAP)-Llera-R.Johnson

(GAP)-(GAP)-R.Jones-Reynolds

(GAP)-Semedo-Lines-(GAP)

(GAP)-Prutton-(GAP)-(GAP

Madine-(GAP)

(GAP)-Lowe

Thinking of players we need:

Batth- £600k

Replacement right back (with both those and fact Reda and Buxton can play in middle we may be ok for 3 CBS.)

Keith Treacey- £200k (don't think Burnley rate him- might get him even for free)

Antonio- £500k

L.Freeman-£500k

Judge-£500k

Another forward (possibly Luke Varney)

If a forward is like £700k I would say £3m seems about right

Guest OutandOutOwl

Why does anyone want Gary Roberts? Did they not see the guy with the blue and pink boots playing left midfield yesterday? That is who we want fellas

We should be looking to get rid of around 7/8 players.

Jameson Free

Rob Jones Free

Jon Otsemobor £100kish

Julian Bennett £200kish

Giles Coke £250kish

Chris Sedgwick Free

Clinton Morrison Free

Maybe's for me would be

Mark Reynolds

David Prutton

Chris O'Grady

Guest Woz1867

DJ " I do not like to be told what my transfer kitty is. If he says £1 Million and I need more later on then what do you do?"

I believe DJ will got his targets.

Thinking first what to do with our current players:

Weaver- if he is out of contract I'd release him. True professional but very injury prone and not better than Bywater. IMO. Think ROD could be good number 2

ROD- offer 3 year deal

Bywater- offer new 2 year deal

Julian Bennett- try and offload

Dan Jones- try and offload

Beevers- keep debating this one. Trying to think objectively. Not sure he can do it in the league above. Maybe a 2 year deal, but not sure he is good enough

Otsemibor- release

J.Johnson- release - need to make room for the new signings

Palmer- try and get him out onloan for a year

Sedgwick- release

Mike Jones- DJ doesn't rate him, so move him on. I have heard to Sflaphorpe

Morrison- release

COG- move on. DJ doesn't rate

Coke- probably move on

That would give us

Bywater

ROD

Buxton-(GAP)-Llera-R.Johnson

(GAP)-(GAP)-R.Jones-Reynolds

(GAP)-Semedo-Lines-(GAP)

(GAP)-Prutton-(GAP)-(GAP

Madine-(GAP)

(GAP)-Lowe

Thinking of players we need:

Batth- £600k

Replacement right back (with both those and fact Reda and Buxton can play in middle we may be ok for 3 CBS.)

Keith Treacey- £200k (don't think Burnley rate him- might get him even for free)

Antonio- £500k

L.Freeman-£500k

Judge-£500k

Another forward (possibly Luke Varney)

If a forward is like £700k I would say £3m seems about right

Are you being sponsored by a retail clothing company? ;-)

We should be looking to get rid of around 7/8 players.

Jameson Free

Rob Jones Free

Jon Otsemobor £100kish

Julian Bennett £200kish

Giles Coke £250kish

Chris Sedgwick Free

Clinton Morrison Free

Maybe's for me would be

Mark Reynolds

David Prutton

Chris O'Grady

I think we would possibly got 20k or less for Otsemobor, Bennett around 100k (But Spurr went for 200k so you never know), Coke around 200k but I don't know if someone like Bury could afford him.

I would loan out Jamesson, Mike Jones and Palmer. (And possibly O'Grady)

Keep Reynolds as left back cover, keep Prutton as midfield back up/ key figure in dressing room.

Morrison, Sedgwick free.

I think we would possibly got 20k or less for Otsemobor, Bennett around 100k (But Spurr went for 200k so you never know), Coke around 200k but I don't know if someone like Bury could afford him.

I would loan out Jamesson, Mike Jones and Palmer. (And possibly O'Grady)

Keep Reynolds as left back cover, keep Prutton as midfield back up/ key figure in dressing room.

Morrison, Sedgwick free.

Your probably right their.

We need a keeper, left back (I think Reda would struggle at Championship level), centre mid to play with Sem and a striker. That's IF we keep Baath and Antonio. If not that's two more gaps to fill.

Here's one I chucked into the mix yesterday, how about Ranger on a season long loan?. I think that's a real possibility

I'd like to think Reynolds and Coke are given a chance given that they've not played under Jones yet. Although I do definitely think Clinton Morrison will move on. Wouldn't be surprised if we play him next season (I reckon he'll go back to Palace as they've been after him for a while).

Guest on the band wagon

Think we have the basis of a descent championship side We will need to add to it and be shrew in the market. Alot will depend on if we can keep the batth and antonio fir starters or that is 2 more gaps to fill