Transfer Budget

Will Milan open his wallet and speculate ?

I don't expect silly money but believe we will need about £10 mil to strengthen our squad to be a player in the Championship.

Will Milan open his wallet and speculate ?

I don't expect silly money but believe we will need about £10 mil to strengthen our squad to be a player in the Championship.

flip me, 10 mill.

I can't see us spending more than a quarter of that. MM ain't going to spend major wonga.

If we are serious in what Jonesy says and we want to challenge for the top 6 and theirs no reason why we can't, then I'm sure we have the right finances to do so. Just like Norwich, Southampton have done, buy 2/3 quality players to strengthen 3 of our weakest positions, maybe 1 or 2 quality loans and make sure me buy or have 1 or 2 quality youngsters (Batth Antonio Treacy) and we might have some sort of magic formula. How much will that cost?

Guest Distraught!

I think 3 - 5 million depending on how realistic Jones believes a crack at successive promotions is.

If we are there or thereabouts come Christmas, I can see some serious wonga being spent as the financial implications of reaching the PL would justify it. That's the only way that I think Mandaric views investment - potential return on capital. He claims to have invested circa 20 million already. I am sure that he would double that figure if it meant a return to the PL. From there on in, he's sat on a 100million+ asset. If you look at the published rich lists, his net worth is comparatively low. I don't believe that for one second. I think he's the type of man to have hidden reserves of capital spread all over the world. I don't think overall investment of 40 million is out of the question.

Guest Sheff Owl

As long as Batth, Antonio and Treacy are back here....then i'll be very happy.

Then whoever follows so be it..

Come on Wednesday sign them up.

If as I suspect, that we will make two prestige signings, those two signings would cost at least £3 million apiece at championship level. Along with frees and loans that would be our dealings. Personally I don't see us making any of the loanees permanent

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I can's see more than £5mm increase, 3.5 on transfers rest on wages... keep the budget balanced, hopefully increased TV money and increased crowds will cover that spend...

Keep Baath, Antonio and Treacle, let a few go, add a midfielder and 2 strikers, and we're about fit for it. keep Lowe and Madine up front with 2 new 'uns, Madine to start with a n other. Lowe and a n other as third and fourth, and a creative midfielder.

Can't see more than 3 or 4 players being added really. BUT you never know DJ may want his own team and we may see 6 or 7 in...

Keep an eye out for 2 or 3 unknown foreigners being brought in from nowhere, whether they play or not is a different subject...

Edited by Johnbloodaxe