What would you prefer?

As a 50 yr old Owl I can remember a few high points. A few promotions and cup exploits. This one feels different though some how. I really feel that there's a change in the air and we're at the start of a resurgence of Wednesday.

It got me thinking though. Arsenal have been in the top flight of English football since the 1919/20 season. something like 75 years. They've obviously won plenty of silverware over the years but there must also have been plenty of seasons of mid-table mediocrity too.

What would you prefer the highs and lows of promotion and relegation or year after year of premier league mainly winning nowt!

As a 50 yr old Owl I can remember a few high points. A few promotions and cup exploits. This one feels different though some how. I really feel that there's a change in the air and we're at the start of a resurgence of Wednesday.

It got me thinking though. Arsenal have been in the top flight of English football since the 1919/20 season. something like 75 years. They've obviously won plenty of silverware over the years but there must also have been plenty of seasons of mid-table mediocrity too.

What would you prefer the highs and lows of promotion and relegation or year after year of premier league mainly winning nowt!

I prefer what we have now if I'm honest. But you can categorically say if we were in the position of Arsenal, we'd be saying we want that and that only, none of this up and down malarkey.

I agree though - this does feel different. Perhaps its because I'm older than previous times and more mature - but it feels special at the moment. Here's hoping we do the business tomorrow. Cos I don't mind saying that although I'm 40, I can see me shedding a tear tomorrow if we go up.

It feels different because its THEM ! its like a promotion battle and a derby all rolled into one

Agree 100% Jack,,,if this fixture had been back in Jan/Feb we would all be saying it's a nailed on win,,,but because it's the final match of the season and it could hand everything back to the piggies if we lose,it's got the better of peoples nerves,,all down to the fact auto goes to them b@stards if we screw up,,,, :ghoulguy: If it was any other team that would take OUR spot (well not Udders) I wouldn't be half as nervous :wacko:

As a 50 something myself - I remember being stood on the kop in the rain on the night when Man City beat us 2-1 and relegated us ( i think it was 1970), from that point on we have been through highs and lows, I not sure what i'd prefer but i'll always support the Owls

For me there are 2 reasons this is special, despite being only a game for 2nd spot in the third tier.

1. It marks the end of an era, a dreadful decade full of misery, decline, awful football and financial meltdown. Just to make it worse, United have finished above us for 11 seasons and we've had the humiliation of being at the level of Yeovil, Rushden (a village team!) Rochdale etc.

2. It's like being behind the favourite all the way in the Grand National and then getting up to win on the line. 9 weeks ago the Blades were 5 points clear with 2 games in hand, to pip them would be fantastic, and unexpected.

Guest jords owl

I'm 19 and have had a season ticket since I was 6. In that time I can only remember 1 real triumph; the play-off win. Hopefully this is going to be my first automatic promotion. As for the wind of change. This season is the first year I can remember where the atmosphere has been so positive throughout and everyone seems to feel that we are a club on the up. It's a good time to be a young owl. Uto!

Edited by jords owl

As a 50 something myself - I remember being stood on the kop in the rain on the night when Man City beat us 2-1 and relegated us ( i think it was 1970), from that point on we have been through highs and lows, I not sure what i'd prefer but i'll always support the Owls

Absolute snap - that was a bad night!

In answer to the question - give me what I've had anyday of the week.

Supporting Wednesday has never been boring. It's the lows that accentuate the highs.

Without the pain of recent years this weekend and all the joy that it promises just wouldn't even exist.

Love it! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: