Wednesday crowds, where are you?

Guest DougieClegg

Guest DougieClegg

I'm not a fully paid up member of the spelling Police but please god scatter a few of these '''''''''''''' around you're posts in future.

:ph34r:

its your posts in the future...sack

part timers or not wednesday is in our hearts as much as the next man/woman we are all part of the wednesday family ,

All sorts of reasons keep fans away can't be helped thats life ,This weekend is going to be off the scale , forget spoiling it ffs accept the day is special ,

Guest DougieClegg

Saturdays goin to amazing! 37,000 wednesdayites under one roof! we just need to get behind the lads and enjoy the day! who's on the pitch by the way? gary megson

It's everyone's decision based on their own individual circumstances when they come to games.

It's better that they come for the big games, than not at all.

It's frustrating to see glimpses of what the club could be if more of the people coming on Saturday came more often.

It makes the match day experience better for regular attenders when the ground is packed out, and occasions like this show that we have the ability to do it. By the same logic, it's worse for the regulars when there's just as many empty seats as people. I guess this is what leads to the feelings that have resulted in this thread.

The best thing to do it continually encourage people to come to more games. Saturday should be a perfect opportunity to persuade people to come more often, and help us have days like Saturday more frequently.

As I said, it's up to each individual to do what they want, attend matches when they want, etc. But that said I have seen a lot of people making claims they couldn't buy a ticket for reason x,y,z, yet suddenly after Saturday's results they miraculously managed to overcome those "problems". Instead of lying/making up excuses, if people were honest they would earn more respect.

Guest sterlingendeavour

The cost, the fact I work weekends and other commitments with family and friends. If I had the time, money, or maybe a three day weekend I'd be there every week!

Guest foreverSWFC

I do agree with your sentiments, alot of fans who could afford to go more often will turn up for this game as it is a big occasion and we could get promoted, it's just the way it is these fans are not really proper Wednesdayites and it's a shame, and we'll probably see more of these 'fans' when if we get promoted. Every football club gets them it is the way it is.

On the other hand there are many Wednesdayites who have the club in their hearts and would fight tooth and nail to get to hillsborough, but cannot go for certain circumstances beyond their control. For example, money issues, they live too far away, family reasons. These are the fans i care about the most, that is why it was so touching when everyone helped get Trev to the game against the Piggies.

But 38,00o Wednesday fans under one roof on Saturday makes for a really special occasion and lets just enjoy that.