Couple of Brentford questions

Just watched the highlights.

Did Treacy mean that? It looked like it, if so, it's been a while since we've had a player with that speed of thought?

Beevers seems to give a lot of pelantys away doesn't he?

Lastly, how the **** was that handball not a Pelanty?

I think the Treacy goal was just a genuine ball into the box - aiming for Madine.

Beevers should have been sent off. No question about it. Very lucky.

I thought we were second best for a lot of the game - but the mark of a good side is grinding out a win. And we did exactly what we had to do. The brentford chance that hit the bar was literally 30 seconds before our goal. That's how close the margins of that game was.

Bywater made a couple of outstanding saves too - and to be honest he's had very little to do since being in the team - that shows how we've moved on defensively as well.

We were lucky in that game but we've had games this season where we lost/drew despite being really dominant. (Walsall at home springs to mind)

Beevers should have walked but didn't.

Treacy said in an interview that the keepers positioning was poor so he went for the near corner. Quick thinking there.

I still can't believe we didn't get the late penalty.

The ref was about 8 yards away with an unimpeded view as their player did his best impression of a goalkeeper.

I saw the ref indicate that he couldn't get out of the way.

But maybe he wouldn't have been IN the way if he hadn't have jumped whilst doing his best version of this- :ghoulguy:

I stopped the video just before the free kick and you can see about 2/3 - 3/4 of the goal and the keeper isn't in sight. If the wall as Treacy said wasn't set right I believe he had a go near post. Possibly for Madine running in or possible a shot.

I think Beevers was very lucky. It was a pen but although you see them given it would have been a harsh yellow and possibly the ref had the fact it would be his second in his mind. Sounds like Beevs was close to a second booking shortly after and just before he got hauled off.

Beevers should have had a second booking about 3 times, good management from DJ to replace him with DJ lol

It's was hardly good management...more a case of bleeding obvious management...there wasn't a Wednesday fan in the ground who wouldn't have done the same, in fact it was very nearly bad management because Beevers committed another foul while Jones was having his instructions given to him.......I'd have put jones on in his flip flops and told him to put his boots on while the game was going on because it was only a matter of time before the red card was out

Having said all that, I'm sure Irvine would have left Beevers on!

Guest keyser soze

Beevers was definitely very lucky to escape a second yellow on two occasions. But, how harsh was his booking in the first half?

Typical of inconsistent refs at all levels. The handball was a poor decision too. He indicated that the player was too close. But he'd got both hands up in front of his face. Don't know what we need to do to get a peno? Brentford have had more in the last 2 games than we've had all season - FACT