OVERSEAS FANS PLANS

For those of you with a contingency fund tucked away, I was just wondering what your plans are for the end of the season.....

Are you of the firm belief that we have scared the proverbial out of the Blunts and you are moving heaven and hell to get flights and tickets for the last game with Wycomb wndrs.

Or,

Are you keeping your powder and resources dry incase we have a date with destiny at Wembley ?

If it's of any help the mood all over Sheffield Owls & Pigs is that United don't have enough to get over the line. Never known such pesimsm amongst the Blades.

Anyway best wishes to all oour overseas fans your support is every bit as important to us as if you were sat alongside us helping the old lady rock. Speaking of the Old Lady Rocking, for a full 5 minutes after Antonios goal on Saturday, The Old Lady Rocked like she has n't rocked for many a year !

About week ago I actually did calculations how much would I need for weekend in London if we don't get 2nd spot. Entry Visa, 3 nights hotel, flights and match ticket would cost at least €450. I believe that we'll get 2nd spot and I don't think that they can sort Visa application for 2 weeks so I'll just wait until next occasion. :ph34r:

I was hedging my bets for last away game, then it sold out. So i decided it would have to be Wembley(praying we get past Team X). Now im thinking last home game at the Theatre of Dreams/Misery might just be the last game.

Flights would be super expensive so close to games now but at least I can get a ferry over the Oirish Sea.

Wycombe would be my first 'double' in so many years.

I was hedging my bets for last away game, then it sold out. So i decided it would have to be Wembley(praying we get past Team X). Now im thinking last home game at the Theatre of Dreams/Misery might just be the last game.

Flights would be super expensive so close to games now but at least I can get a ferry over the Oirish Sea.

Wycombe would be my first 'double' in so many years.

flipping fed up of this going to be lonely in the chat room i'm being deserted , whatever you choose enjoy Aquie mate :biggrin:

flipping fed up of this going to be lonely in the chat room i'm being deserted , whatever you choose enjoy Aquie mate :biggrin:

Haha sorry Trev.. that video from the back of the Kop on Saturday pushed several buttons. Worried I might not get another 'fix' this season. Its terrible supporting Wednesday cos every away game is sold out ;)

I was debating what to do. IF we win & united don't next weekend, I'll be on the computer sorting out flights, tickets etc at 7.15 next Saturday. If United win, I'll wait to see if i can tickets for the play off final if we get there. For me, if United are going to drop points, it'll be next weekend. Can't see either of us slipping up on the last day.

Haha sorry Trev.. that video from the back of the Kop on Saturday pushed several buttons. Worried I might not get another 'fix' this season. Its terrible supporting Wednesday cos every away game is sold out ;)

You enjoy mate , the pain and suffering i shall have to put up with will be a sacrifice worth making, knowing my chatroom friends will be busting a gut watching our beloved owls over the line to glory , :sad::biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Guest Aussie_Dave

Most depressing moment of my life, mum going to be back over there during the playoffs and her getting offered free tickets if wednesday are in it. While i'm stuck in this poo poo hole!

Due to court dates, and other work commitments, the only trip I can make this summer departs Denver a few hours AFTER we secure automatic against Wycombe.

Despite flying for the first time ever with a toddler, It's going to be a sweet, joyous, care free, 9 hour flight!

If the unthinkable happens, I'll be in Sheffield for the play off semi finals. But back in Denver long before the final. So I'll be glued to FSC (ideally) or PLAYER (not a bad alternative) to see/ hear us destroy MK Dons.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Flight would cost me $1,000 (give or take) add to that car hire, accommodation etc. I reckon the cheapest I could do this for would be about $2,000 (roughly 1,300 quid). Add to that lost wages over the five days I'd need, not to mention the cost of the divorce! :biggrin:

Flights are 2 grand.

I'm a teacher.

Do the maths.

=(

Perhaps suggest an excursion to Hillsborough? You might get a couple of new students wanting to enrol to go on this excursion.

My situation is even more dire being a uni student.

But in the end all us overseas guys are just part-timers and probably don't deserve to go anyway.

Booked my flights backed from Malaga two weeks ago for the Brentford match and luckily managed to bag myself a ticket. Due to the availability of flights, I'm only actually in London for 31 hours!

If all goes to plan, I'll then be booking more flights for the weekend after, this time back up north!

I always try to get my flights to ensure that I miss very few games. I had to get up at 4.30 Saturday morning to catch the 7am Ryanair flight back to East Midlands for the Carlisle game. And am now checking flight times so I don´t miss any play off games, should it come to that. Costs a bit, but its worth it