The Two Steves

5 hours ago, shandypants said:

Two good servants to the club in the short time that McCall was with us and the short time Mckenzie was available to play - I seem to remember that McKenzie signed for us and then got a significant injury soon after keeping out for about a year maybe 18! Month - his knee?

I think was MaCall with the injury.

Both had really respectable careers before Wednesday but McCall had injury problems and McKenzie was past it and I think just signed as a short term squad player to help us get over the line in the promotion season.

Steve McCall decent player but sadly another player hit by injuries in his 5 or so years with us. 

About 30 games in total, went to Plymouth I think and played quite a lot. 

McKenzie like Owers or Owen, Galvin and many others since, past it but at least only signed as a squad player and not a first reamer. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think was MaCall with the injury.

Both had really respectable careers before Wednesday but McCall had injury problems and McKenzie was past it and I think just signed as a short term squad player to help us get over the line in the promotion season.

Yes, you’re right. The were two steady players though. 

I was surprised by how past it they both were - they were a year younger than Danny Wilson and 5 years younger than Viv!

I was shocked to find that McCall was with us for 4-5 years, given how little impact he made - I'd always assumed he was just here for a season or so...

23 minutes ago, Dooogs said:

I was surprised by how past it they both were - they were a year younger than Danny Wilson and 5 years younger than Viv!

I was shocked to find that McCall was with us for 4-5 years, given how little impact he made - I'd always assumed he was just here for a season or so...

Danny Wilson was an exceptional player though. One of my favourite players from that era and a right little nasty b45t4rd to boot.