The Two Steves

Mackenzie and McCall. Unsung heroes of the 1990-1 team? My favourite memories are an offside and overweight Mackenzie scoring against Barnsley in front of the Kop and Hirsty shouting "fvckin hell Macca" after another misplaced pass in a 1-0 win away at Hull. Glory days...

Guest mrbluesky

Remember this game well few owls on the home end big Viv made a good debut, coming out was awful Hull had a bit of a rep and remember them jumping on away coaches and attacking fans.

I always remember McCall running (crawling) through on goal in the quarter final of the Rumbelows Cup at Coventry - 1on1 he put it wide. Didn't seem p**sed off - he just looked happy to not have had a heart attack!!

Haha! I remember that miss. Alan Parry on commentary seemed genuinely annoyed at the amount of chances we missed to kill the tie that night. He ripped McCall to shreds with, "That was the easiest of the lot."

Steve Makenzie scored a backheader at Plymouth in that season's league campaign. Didn't he also score a belter for City in the "Ricky Villa" Cup Final? Great moustache.

• Like 1

Haha Steve Makenzie and his superb 'Mickey Quinn' tasche !!! .... The last time I saw him was in the carpark by the owls shop and for some strange reason he was holding one of those 'trundle wheels' that clicked every time they went round used to measure distances....might have been seeing how far he could walk before he had to sit down 'out of puff' !!! remember his goal against Barnsley..... mass celebrations followed!!! .... Lets have some more of that soon !!!!

• Like 1

Haha Steve Makenzie and his superb 'Mickey Quinn' tasche !!! .... The last time I saw him was in the carpark by the owls shop and for some strange reason he was holding one of those 'trundle wheels' that clicked every time they went round used to measure distances....might have been seeing how far he could walk before he had to sit down 'out of puff' !!! remember his goal against Barnsley..... mass celebrations followed!!! .... Lets have some more of that soon !!!!

Some mass celebrations yesterday. Just a taster of what might be if we go up!

On 19/04/2012 at 23:01, ronior said:

Haha! I remember that miss. Alan Parry on commentary seemed genuinely annoyed at the amount of chances we missed to kill the tie that night. He ripped McCall to shreds with, "That was the easiest of the lot."

Steve Makenzie scored a backheader at Plymouth in that season's league campaign. Didn't he also score a belter for City in the "Ricky Villa" Cup Final? Great moustache.

His goal against Spurs in the 81 cup replay was in my opinion better than Villas so called wonder goal which whilst a very good goal is somewhat overrated 

Two good servants to the club in the short time that McCall was with us and the short time Mckenzie was available to play - I seem to remember that McKenzie signed for us and then got a significant injury soon after keeping out for about a year maybe 18! Month - his knee?

Edited by shandypants