Who did Wednesday play on the day you were born

I was born on the Thursday between two SWFC wins which were both played on the Mondays, 2-1 v Charlton and 3-1 v Leyton Orient.

I'm glad I'd already been named as I'd probably have gone through life being called Brian, after Mr Joicey scored a hat-trick in the first game after my birth.

27th Feb 1969. Arsenal beat us 5-0 at Hillsborough two days later.

I flipping hate Arsenal!

Holy vomit, Batman. I remember that horrible game. When we were 3-0 (I think) down at half time, the invisible demons who operated the old (top-of-the-kop) electronic scoreboard made a feeble attempt to bolster flagging spirits by "humorously" mis-spelling some teams names in the half time scores. I can only remember "Mad City", though. They must have been almost as unimaginative as they were desperate.

Guest wadsleybridgeowl

Born on the 11th of july 1966 .

Nearest wednesday game to this was the fa cup final 14th may 1966. Sheffield wednesday v Everton or Sheffield wednesday v Blackpool 20 /08/1966.

However the opening game of the 1966 world cup England v uruguay was played 11th July 1966

25th December 1958.

Day later,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sheffield Wednesday 7 Lincoln 0 to maintain a 1 point lead over Fulham at the top of the old Division 2.

Went on to be Champions that season.

Guest alwaysaowl

i was born feb 1st 1979 dont know who we played near to the date any help but i do know 1979 - The Boxing Day Massacre

went to that one...it was a superb diving header !!!!

back to the thread 30th July so no games unfortunately .... but to give you a clue to my age .... we had a reit season and were the first team to defeat the evntual champions and double winners!!!! ....answers on a postcard to.....

no it wasnt he fell over and the ball hit his head and went in ......you remember the foggy drive back ?

2 days before I was born (24th March) Wednesday drew 1-1 at Old Trafford, werewere 9th in the league with 34 points after 33 games and were above Arsenal, Man City, Blackburn and Man U. Burnley were top with46 points but what was the year??

1962 ......