Who did Wednesday play on the day you were born

26th April 1958

Final match of the season.

Wednesday played Wolves at Hillsborough, won 2-1, Wolves were Champions (division 1) Wednesday finished bottom and were relegated!

They went back up the following year though as champions, I remember celebrating with a Farleys rusk and half a lager.

1st Sept 1954 the day after my birth Lost 2-0 at Man Utd.

Best match I've ever seen on my birthday August 31st 1968 when we beat Man Utd 5-4 at Hillsborough.

Correction - almost certainly the best match that anyone has ever seen - simply amazing. But we can't prove it as there were no moving image cameras there. Do you remember the programme for the next home match having a huge section of quotes from the national press? I remember a couple "a match so good as to to defy description" and the hilarious one about everyone saying it was the best game ever played including "all the old pros that I spoke to" (now they don't have entertainment in the ground like that any more!)

I've still got the press cuttings in the loft (it's the only league game I ever bothered to take newspaper cuttings from).

Ho hum

Born 31st August 1993

Closest before and after...

5. Sat 28 Aug Chelsea................. 1-1 16,652 Scorer(s): Mark Bright

6. Wed 1 Sep NORWICH CITY............ 3-3 25,175 Scorer(s): Chris Bart-Williams, Mark Bright

Same age, same season!

1st December 1956: beat Villa at home, 2-1; old Div. 1, 17th with 16 points (2 for a win in the olden days...).

And you were born same week as me, except I'm at least one day older or you, too, would have been scarred by the 1-0 defeat away to Everton the prtevious Saturday. We'll be dead soon. You know that? Oh. dear.

Lost 1-0 away at Oxford the day before I was born.

Three weeks later we just avoided relegation to Division 3 by a point.

A year later, we weren't so lucky.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

You missed the thread the other day about Famous Wednesday Fans.

It devolved into a discussion about Hindehouse school.

Quite a few on here went to Hindhouse - didn't you go there? I thought you did?

Anyway, the Chief Commissioner of the Metroplitan Police - Bernard Hogan Howe, is a Wednesday fan - he went Hindehouse School 11 - 18. He was called Bernard Hogan, then.

Nobody remembers him?

He was born in 1957 -I said that you were a bit older

lol

Edited by king of kings