9.15 am yesterday morning

Guest intercity0wl

Some people might not be online ,Or daft as it seems may not have a phone ,just a thought

Hence the queue's.

So, with priority points the only way tickets can be bought either online, phone or in person is with a code that they are given for the priority period - so if people don't have the code then they aren't gonna get tickets even if they queue up for a week

hence the queue would never really form because others would be booking on the phone or internet.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone who queued up, they showed some proper commitment. I fully believe the people who put themselves through that long wait in the cold should have been made the priority for the tickets and it was crap of the club to not do this. But knowing that the tickets would be available online and over the phone, I don't understand why people queued up and put themselves through this in the first place, knowing they could be turned away. Unless people thought they would be given priority?

It just seems an odd thing to do when they were available online.

I'm sure in this day and age everyone has access to a phone.

Maybe because if you use the website and phone then you are entering a lottery of whether the website doesn't crash or you manage to get through.

Plus in the past the club have withdrawn online and phone sales when tickets are close to selling out and there are still people in the queue who had been there for hours waiting. The club did do this yesterday, but left it too late and had sold too many over the internet and phone, which they admitted was a flip up.

I was quite a way in front of them too, and I didn't get one. I can see the woman in that photo that was shouting at the staff at the ticket office because she didn't get a ticket!

This is one ofvthecreasons why big match tickets old be online

Some people might not be online ,Or daft as it seems may not have a phone ,just a thought

Hence the queue's.

I can't see that trev maybe the odd one but if you can afford a season ticket you probably have got at least a telephone.

My 83 year old father does not have the internet when he wants a cheap online flight he rings me up to sort it for him.i would guess most people now have at least this kind of one step removed access to the internet.

Physically queuing for a ticket is from the past. it won't exist at all in a few years

Did nobody think to get in the queue AND take their Smart Phone / iPad and try to book tickets online

Yep didn't get through on the phone.

Website crashed after I'd managed to select 2 tickets at 9.14 on my iphone.

Loads of people with iPads as well.

To be honest, without broadband you don't stand a chance online.

Some actually did apparently and when they were successful they just exited the queue.

Yup, pretty gutting when you are stood near the front of the queue trying to call up, then see someone behind you in the queue cheering cos they got through and got 5.

First come first served though, fairest way :ph34r:

When we were moved in to the car park I was stood by the wednesdayite wagon and was one of the last to get tickets, I'd say roughly half that queued up didn't get tickets.

Out of interest what time did you start queueing from?

I hope this is a joke? if not you are a complete Pric. if it is then your not.

Firstly it's tail. Secondly, why is he a tail? If they're selling tickets online, these people in the queue know this information, have a computer with internet, surely they're mugging themselves off by waiting in a huge queue and risking not getting a ticket?

Guest swfc1986

Firstly it's tail. Secondly, why is he a tail? If they're selling tickets online, these people in the queue know this information, have a computer with internet, surely they're mugging themselves off by waiting in a huge queue and risking not getting a ticket?

Correct!

I was going to go down and que, saw that people were queing up at 2am, decided to stay home, got up at 9.00 am, had my tickets by 9.10am ... lol

Not an exact science is it? If the club had decided that all tickets would have been sold in person and not over the Internet or phone a lot more people might have queued meaning that some might still have missed out. Which ever way it's done there's only a certain number of tickets available some are bound to miss out. Queuing is always the most risky method.

Not an exact science is it? If the club had decided that all tickets would have been sold in person and not over the Internet or phone a lot more people might have queued meaning that some might still have missed out. Which ever way it's done there's only a certain number of tickets available some are bound to miss out. Queuing is always the most risky method.

What about Huddersfield tickets when the club took online sales and phone sales off, so that the people queuing could get them?

That's why I went down to queue, whilst also trying to ring and buy online on my smart phone.

There's no consistency or specific policy.

E.g. what % are available online and over the phone compared to reserved for the queue? Or is it a fixed amount? Do they just make it up as they go along? If it's a fixed amount, for example 700 online and over the phone, then when we have an allocation like we did for Huddersfield (4000) it makes sense to queue, but for the Brentford allocation it didn't.

What about Huddersfield tickets when the club took online sales and phone sales off, so that the people queuing could get them?

That's why I went down to queue, whilst also trying to ring and buy online on my smart phone.

E.g. what % are available online and over the phone compared to reserved for the queue? Or is it a fixed amount? Do they just make it up as they go along? If it's a fixed amount, for example 700 online and over the phone, then when we have an allocation like we did for Huddersfield (4000) it makes sense to queue, but for the Brentford allocation it didn't.

Which is why a priority system makes perfect sense - simple to micromanage situations like this

Right here's a good example for those smug arses who got tickets on the phone or internet......Me and my mate needed 4 tickets between us and due to the lack of good communication from the club about priorities decided to cover all angles......he (lucky sod) went to works and at 9 starts phoning and logging on to get tickets......I get up at 5, drive to Hillsborough and get in the queue at 6.07.

We are in constant contact from 9 and he can't get through on the phone and the web site keeps kicking him off......at some time just after 10 I was lucky enough to get the last 4 tickets!!!.....if we'd have relied on the technology (and trust me I have more technology in my house than probably 90% of the posters on here put together!) then we wouldn't have got a ticket.

And one last thing.....Wednesdayite......luckily I got the last 4 tickets so the 10 extra minutes I spent looking for a car parking spot because the car park wasn't open wasn't crucial and Dave and Jeff were saved an ear bashing next week!!!

Anyone remember queueing for Brentford tickets for the second leg of the play off semi final, putting them on sale a couple of hours before the 1st leg at Hillsborough?

And for anyone that doesn't like the idea of priority system next year, that game was season ticket holders, withmatch voucher xx filled in, with 3 away ticket stubs, with a by then defunct Owls Away Card.

Very odd day, got stuck behind Fishcake in the queue, this was the days before he was a dance superstar, he just spent the entire repeatedly telling me about how he had a season ticket on the Kop.

I remember that. Other than Monday it was the last time I queued for tickets - strangely Brentford again! Tickets went on sale at 5pm I think.

Wasn't there a poster sam? that was right at the front of the queue at 10pm the previous evening - kudos to you pal, did you have a tent or something?

Yep, I travelled back up from Nottingham having been to the Oldham match earlier that day. Simply because I didn't trust the online/phone after only just getting my Huddersfield tickets. I also wanted to ensure I got the tickets to avoid letting My Dad and Owlincoln's family down.

Got there at 1020pm, thought that'd be better than leaving Notts in the early hours. 2 lads from Donny arrived at 1025pm, shortly before Intercityowl, goforitowl, swfc26121979 and some of the Ultra clan. Nice bunch of lads.

Ah reight! small world.

Barnsley Under 10's made you a crap footballer :biggrin:

Guest nastyowl

^^This^^

spent 4 hours on 2 phones and internet for Huddersfield and no cigar... so went to que and no cigar