9.15 am yesterday morning

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

The queue that still had a fair way to go to the TO door, hope most of you on this at that time were lucky.

post-12412-0-40956800-1334136831_thumb.j

The queue that still had a fair way to go to the TO door, hope most of you on this at that time were lucky.

post-12412-0-40956800-1334136831_thumb.j

I was quite a bit in front of all those people and didn't get one. So every single one of them didn't get a ticket.

Guest BazingaPunk

I was quite a way in front of them too, and I didn't get one. I can see the woman in that photo that was shouting at the staff at the ticket office because she didn't get a ticket!

Guest nastyowl

Have these people never heard the concept of online booking?

I hope this is a joke? if not you are a complete Pric. if it is then your not.

Anyone remember queueing for Brentford tickets for the second leg of the play off semi final, putting them on sale a couple of hours before the 1st leg at Hillsborough?

And for anyone that doesn't like the idea of priority system next year, that game was season ticket holders, withmatch voucher xx filled in, with 3 away ticket stubs, with a by then defunct Owls Away Card.

Very odd day, got stuck behind Fishcake in the queue, this was the days before he was a dance superstar, he just spent the entire repeatedly telling me about how he had a season ticket on the Kop.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone who queued up, they showed some proper commitment. I fully believe the people who put themselves through that long wait in the cold should have been made the priority for the tickets and it was crap of the club to not do this. But knowing that the tickets would be available online and over the phone, I don't understand why people queued up and put themselves through this in the first place, knowing they could be turned away. Unless people thought they would be given priority?

It just seems an odd thing to do when they were available online.

I'm sure in this day and age everyone has access to a phone.

Edited by English Man

I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone who queued up, they showed some proper commitment. I fully believe the people who put themselves through that long wait in the cold should have been made the priority for the tickets and it was crap of the club to not do this. But knowing that the tickets would be available online and over the phone, I don't understand why people queued up and put themselves through this in the first place, knowing they could be turned away. Unless people thought they would be given priority?

It just seems an odd thing to do when they were available online.

I'm sure in this day and age everyone has access to a phone.

I was in the queue yesterday, and one of the lucky ones, arrived at 5:30am and managed to get tickets.

I decided to queue as i had a real nightmare getting huddersfield tickets online first then on the phone, figured if i arrived early enough, it would eleminate the possibility of missing out if i was in the first xx many people, which thankfully it did.

Have these people never heard the concept of online booking?

Sure they have but before you post just lets take in some facts (radio Sheffield smart alecs are you listening too?) the website was froze as there were that many people trying to log on and those that did manage to get one - very very lucky peeps.

Phone lines were in melt down so no one were answering hence this big queue, btw I didn't queue I knew what would happen, I'm going to Brentford without a ticket if I get one down there great if I don't - Griffin.

Edited by TaxiMark

I was in the queue yesterday, and one of the lucky ones, arrived at 5:30am and managed to get tickets.

I decided to queue as i had a real nightmare getting huddersfield tickets online first then on the phone, figured if i arrived early enough, it would eleminate the possibility of missing out if i was in the first xx many people, which thankfully it did.

Fair enough. I guess it's just at your own risk either way. Queue up: you risk been too late , Online: you risk not getting through in time/tech faults etc.

But If I was to miss out, I would prefer to do it in the comfort of my own home and not freezing outside. I guess if you def know you will get served if you get there early enough then it's worth it. Just feel bad for all those who missed out.

Guest Big Guns

I feel.sorry for them who were stuck in the phone Que for ages its horrible that I hope you all got a ticket you poor fookers...

Wasn't there a poster sam? that was right at the front of the queue at 10pm the previous evening - kudos to you pal, did you have a tent or something?

Only time I've ever done this was when they let us sleep in the South Stand for the Man Utd Wembley tickets in 91, that of course was in the days long before Internet and telephone bookings.