The Fox and the Owl

Your over fifty Trev.

Royds has written you and me off, already.

Ageist.

lol

Your over fifty Trev.

Royds has written you and me off, already.

Ageist.

lol

the idea that Royd is " distressed " about any wednesday fan let alone us coffin dodgers is laughable....mind you I think we'll see us back in the premiership before too long...europe? I've already seen us beat Barca and Roma

Without wanting to sound like what I'm sure will be refered to as a 'typical deluded Wednesdayite' by the many sleeper cells on here tonight, but if teams like Stoke City, Bolton Wanderers, Birmingham City and Portsmouth can all qualify for European football, then there is no reason why one day a club of Wednesday's size and potential can't do it too!

As for the Champions League, again maybe one day. There would be no point to football if we couldn't dream about our team playing on the biggest stage in Europe.

Although being in my early twenties, I've only ever known Wednesday be somewhere between average and terrible and I'd quite happily settle for Championship football over the next few years and build up momentum to a Premiership push lol

All I care about is that if we get to the Premier league and thats a big if, who ever is in charge of our club doesnt do a Richards on us and end up screwing the club up and putting it in the trouble we have had to go through past 10 years and more. How that man walked out of Hillsborough straight into premier league job will always baffle me. Talk about being promoted for screwing a club over.

Reminds me of the time I was driving on Woolley Wood Bottom with the ex and I ran a fox over. I rescued it and asked the ex to put it between her legs while I drove for help.

"'it's horrible, wet and stinks" she said

"well put a peg on it's nose then" I said

True story

*not really

*Gets fox fur coat*

The cyclical nature of football will continue to orbit through it's phases as long as the game exists. But just because we have Rupert and Sky today does not mean we will have it in perpetuity. As we were behind Italy, Spain, Holland and Germany in financial terms, so we will be again. Murdoch will find a way of delivering the product in another location at a cheaper price, be it Germany, Holland or Spain .....No matter.

We will see big teams going to the wall for sure along with the Portsmouth, Wednesday and Plymouth type scares.

The premier league I'm certain will become significantly impoverished one day soon and when it does teams the like of us will be perfectly placed to retake their place at the table.

So inanswer to the question, yes I do expect us to be in the top league within 5-10 years and once there we have a 5/1 chance of the champions league given equall finances.

I don't think i'm that bothered any more. How good as this season been? Watching us competing and knowing we have a good chance of winning a few as been fantastic.

Oh an Foxes rumbleing stink filthy flea bitten scruffy things, a bit like the blunts. Now the Owl silent graceful and deadly

Its always good to see your team play at the highest level. For me I'm not looking forward to the prices, silly kick off times and playing every other Sunday! I am lucky and have seen Wednesday play in the top division and in Europe. Some of our younger fans haven't. As for the blunts who cares where they play.

I was driving along a country road today and spotted a dead fox at the side of the road. It was not like a usual road kill as there appeared to be no sign of injuries. It was just lying there, as if it was sound asleep. It’s beautiful red coat, soft and fluffed, vibrant in the spring sunshine as the red pelt penetrated the different shades of green from the hedge and verge providing a contrast to my vision.

The distressing sight of seeing this beautiful, graceful animal, primed for hunting at night aided only by the silvery light of the moon, a light as if ivory tears can be seen dancing on the earth’s dark curtain of night, got me think about my own mortality.

I’m in my mid-forties and was wondering whether I would ever see Champions league football at Hillsborough. This train of thought led me to getting mildly anxious that I would not. I become further distressed at the thought of friends who go to the matches who are in their fifties and above would almost certainly never see the greats of European Football playing our beloved team.

I began to think of other clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and how easy it is to support them, despite their moans. I then thought of the little clubs where you could easily predict even their youngest of supporters would never see Champions league football, you know, clubs like Torquay, Rochdale, Crewe, Sheffield United.

I would like to throw this question out there and ask, do you think you’ll see champion’s league football at Hillsborough in your lifetime?

:biggrin:

Nice to see you +1'd yourself for that post

I was driving along a country road today and spotted a dead fox at the side of the road. It was not like a usual road kill as there appeared to be no sign of injuries. It was just lying there, as if it was sound asleep. It’s beautiful red coat, soft and fluffed, vibrant in the spring sunshine as the red pelt penetrated the different shades of green from the hedge and verge providing a contrast to my vision.

The distressing sight of seeing this beautiful, graceful animal, primed for hunting at night aided only by the silvery light of the moon, a light as if ivory tears can be seen dancing on the earth’s dark curtain of night, got me think about my own mortality.

I’m in my mid-forties and was wondering whether I would ever see Champions league football at Hillsborough. This train of thought led me to getting mildly anxious that I would not. I become further distressed at the thought of friends who go to the matches who are in their fifties and above would almost certainly never see the greats of European Football playing our beloved team.

I began to think of other clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and how easy it is to support them, despite their moans. I then thought of the little clubs where you could easily predict even their youngest of supporters would never see Champions league football, you know, clubs like Torquay, Rochdale, Crewe, Sheffield United.

I would like to throw this question out there and ask, do you think you’ll see champion’s league football at Hillsborough in your lifetime?

Do you really want a slap in the face aka a delerious person moment..................................................................Try getting your head around being a Rotherham supporter!

I'll send you my final bill.

We have a lot better chance than most teams. Look at Newcastle. Look at Norwich. Look at Man City. Historically well supported teams always have their chance come again. When we get into the championship and challenge for promotion we will become one of the most attractive propositions for a mega-rich investor. If both Sheffield clubs go up this year things may be looking a lot rosier for South Yorkshire football in a few years time.

We also have the advantage of being the biggest team in a big city (which is on the up). Only Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Aston Villa, Newcastle and L**ds can say the same. Football is in a transitional period still, where uneven access to funds has disrupted the normal order of things. The shitty small town clubs will all fall away eventually, and the forgotten giants will return. Have faith, ffs

thought this was yet another ben marshall thread ffs :laugh:

pleasantly surprised - nice bit of writing

tasted mortality a bit ago myself and had similar thoughts, the answer to the question was no and I don't care. Tbh I prefer 'real' football, I sort of enjoy this rebuilding time working back up again.

It's the way of the game today and sky's influence I know -but never again will I enjoy contributing to a disinterested player wearing the beloved shirt earning more in one week than we can earn in a year or 2 or 3 .

Besides where the f*ck would messi play in our team?

Living close as I do to Manchester, I have had to put up with 'how good Man U are, and how much of a traitor I am for supporting Wednesday' it has not been easy these last few years defending the antics of the people who run my beloved club, but I do my best. I have to say, Man City fans are far more understanding, you can talk football with them, with Utd it man u this man u that.

I would love to see Champions League football at Hillsborough, not just so that I could shove it up the Red Devils noses, but because, we are a huge team (note how I didn't use the 'M' word), we deserve something for our long suffering fans.

On another note, someone called me a Wendie the other day, I think it was meant as some sort of insult, well..... I will wear my 'Wendie' badge with pride because whilst I do I will never be a mother f**kin, blunt Bas*ardin piece of sh*te from the pig sty

WTID