The Fox and the Owl

I was driving along a country road today and spotted a dead fox at the side of the road. It was not like a usual road kill as there appeared to be no sign of injuries. It was just lying there, as if it was sound asleep. It’s beautiful red coat, soft and fluffed, vibrant in the spring sunshine as the red pelt penetrated the different shades of green from the hedge and verge providing a contrast to my vision.

The distressing sight of seeing this beautiful, graceful animal, primed for hunting at night aided only by the silvery light of the moon, a light as if ivory tears can be seen dancing on the earth’s dark curtain of night, got me think about my own mortality.

I’m in my mid-forties and was wondering whether I would ever see Champions league football at Hillsborough. This train of thought led me to getting mildly anxious that I would not. I become further distressed at the thought of friends who go to the matches who are in their fifties and above would almost certainly never see the greats of European Football playing our beloved team.

I began to think of other clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and how easy it is to support them, despite their moans. I then thought of the little clubs where you could easily predict even their youngest of supporters would never see Champions league football, you know, clubs like Torquay, Rochdale, Crewe, Sheffield United.

I would like to throw this question out there and ask, do you think you’ll see champion’s league football at Hillsborough in your lifetime?

Edited by M Royds

I'm hoping i live long enough to see Premier league football again :st2:

In all seriousness though, unless we have this hope we will see us get promoted twice and compete at the top, including European football(and i was in Kaiserslautern) then it would take the edge off.

UTO!

no, because if we got there i couldnt afford it.

id take us being a respectable championship side, having decent cup runs and playing good football, and being aqffordable enough that i can take my own kids. and when they moan about not bein on match of the day, ill tell them of the years following relegation from the premiershit and everything we suffered; how there was very nearly no sheffield wednesday; and how close we came to relegation to league two.

and theyll say "shut up dad you boring tvvat, that jameson is a reight striker"

Saw an urban Fox one night, on the verge opposite, casual as you like.

It is rural where I live but I have only ever seen one in the countryside.

But, my wife swears my two retrievers (now one sadly) once joined in with a pack of hunting hounds chasing a Fox. They were left behind, quickly. It was the equivalent to the 'Fenton' video, apparently.

Will I see Champions League. I don't think so.

Might see another Fox though.

(BTW - I'm over fifty, you cheeky fvcker)

lol

Edited by ReadingOwl

I've less chance than most of you TBH but i believe one day our turn will come again,

Whether it's to late for me or not ,at least the youngsters will have the enjoyment of seeing our proud club plying their trade where it mattrs most ,

I've less chance than most of you TBH but i believe one day our turn will come again,

Whether it's to late for me or not ,at least the youngsters will have the enjoyment of seeing our proud club plying their trade where it mattrs most ,

Your over fifty Trev.

Royds has written you and me off, already.

Ageist.

lol