A back injury now, how many more excuses ?

Guest intercity0wl

Guest wilyfox

he was beaten by a decent strike in the top corner, and a firm accurate header; i don't understand why Westley deems it necessary to justify our goals, they were very well finished.

On their OS, Westley makes a series of (serious) claims that they could have got something from the game. F**king bonkers. We should have run up a cricket score. And there is something about the way i keep hearing him say "2 points from 9 games with Mellor." when describing their form before he got there. Injuries happen to good players- you just have to get on with it. Stop f**king moaning. United have had to do without Evans and McDonald, is without Madine and JJ etc for months on end, and yet Megson and Danny Wilson didn't moan half as much as Westley despite the players mentioned being crucial to the two Sheffield teams' success.

I like PNE (a proper, 'old' club with traditions etc) and their fans seem like a very decent lot. They don't deserve the poo that was served up to them on saturday and the subsequent list of desperate excuses from their manager.

Guest intercity0wl

I didn't know who he was until Saturday.

Now i understand how much of a thrower he actually is.

thrower ?, maybe a bit strong, but he certainly has a strange way of doing things, below is allegedly the text that he sent to the players when he was appointed PNE Manager, the fact that it was sent in the early hours of the morning didn't help his case

The text allegedly read: 'A Manager's first week at a club is difficult for everybody. There is loads of apprehension,uncertainty and change. I promised honesty and I will always do my best to give that. Certainly,i will open my door 4 a chat abt anything on yr mind or if i hve sumthing u need to know. I will be constructive with u all; my job is to get u all playing to yr best level ever.

'This week, yr work has been on Team, Tactics, Technical, Personality, Character, Mentality, Physicality. Hopefully,things that hve been done or said to u or others have helped u learn.Hopefully,u are starting to feel how i/we work.

'Today there are 2 debutants and 2 more lads who weren't on field last saturday in the starting 11.

'My sides are renowned for being strong,organised,physical/athletic. Thezy always are. Also,although nobody ever talks about it,my sides play intelligent,purposeful football,working the ball,dominating possession and crushing opponents. We win games mentally, technically, tactically, physically and thru strength 2gether. My aim is my next medal. My aim is my next win. My commitment is every ounce of sweat,brain and blood.

'I am sure you are with me and I am truly looking forward to working with u all.

Let's get going. Sorry so late! Been tapping yr numbers into my phone!

Team 2moz will be Stucks::McLean,Morgan,Carlisle,McAllister::Mayor,C outts,Andy Proctor,Parry::Jervis,Jamie Proctor.

'We will build on a solid defensive platform by working the ball fwd thru the thirds with purpose and positive intention. These went to carlisle and got hammered. Let's introduce the new PNE in style. Clean sheet. And pain for their net. 1pm in the Players lounge ready for action. GW'

Edited by intercity0wl

thrower ?, maybe a bit strong, but he certainly has a strange way of doing things, below is allegedly the text that he sent to the players when he was appointed PNE Manager, the fact that it was sent in the early hours of the morning didn't help his case

The text allegedly read: 'A Manager's first week at a club is difficult for everybody. There is loads of apprehension,uncertainty and change. I promised honesty and I will always do my best to give that. Certainly,i will open my door 4 a chat abt anything on yr mind or if i hve sumthing u need to know. I will be constructive with u all; my job is to get u all playing to yr best level ever.

'This week, yr work has been on Team, Tactics, Technical, Personality, Character, Mentality, Physicality. Hopefully,things that hve been done or said to u or others have helped u learn.Hopefully,u are starting to feel how i/we work.

'Today there are 2 debutants and 2 more lads who weren't on field last saturday in the starting 11.

'My sides are renowned for being strong,organised,physical/athletic. Thezy always are. Also,although nobody ever talks about it,my sides play intelligent,purposeful football,working the ball,dominating possession and crushing opponents. We win games mentally, technically, tactically, physically and thru strength 2gether. My aim is my next medal. My aim is my next win. My commitment is every ounce of sweat,brain and blood.

'I am sure you are with me and I am truly looking forward to working with u all.

Let's get going. Sorry so late! Been tapping yr numbers into my phone!

Team 2moz will be Stucks::McLean,Morgan,Carlisle,McAllister::Mayor,C outts,Andy Proctor,Parry::Jervis,Jamie Proctor.

'We will build on a solid defensive platform by working the ball fwd thru the thirds with purpose and positive intention. These went to carlisle and got hammered. Let's introduce the new PNE in style. Clean sheet. And pain for their net. 1pm in the Players lounge ready for action. GW'

I just don't like the bloke, can't accept responsibility for his actions.

Stuckmann hampered by back injury

Preston boss Graham Westley revealed a back injury was the reason behind goalkeeper Thorsten Stuckmann's below-par performance in the 2-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.

Stuckmann, who didn't train in the build-up to the match, was beaten twice by striker Gary Madine as the Lilywhites saw their winless run extended to four games.

"Thorsten has a back problem which kept him out of training on Thursday and Friday," Westley told the Lancashire Evening Post.

"He gritted his teeth and took painkillers just to get out there. We thought it was important that Thorsten play because of the height which Sheffield Wednesday had.

"He did a good job on the whole, but you could see that there were one or two hesitant moments.

"Thorsten is a super goalkeeper as we've seen many times."

demotivational-posters-classic-desperation.jpg