A back injury now, how many more excuses ?

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Stuckmann hampered by back injury

Preston boss Graham Westley revealed a back injury was the reason behind goalkeeper Thorsten Stuckmann's below-par performance in the 2-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday.

Stuckmann, who didn't train in the build-up to the match, was beaten twice by striker Gary Madine as the Lilywhites saw their winless run extended to four games.

"Thorsten has a back problem which kept him out of training on Thursday and Friday," Westley told the Lancashire Evening Post.

"He gritted his teeth and took painkillers just to get out there. We thought it was important that Thorsten play because of the height which Sheffield Wednesday had.

"He did a good job on the whole, but you could see that there were one or two hesitant moments.

"Thorsten is a super goalkeeper as we've seen many times."

If he's on the pitch, then you, the manager deemed him fit enough to play

Jesus, i'd never heard of Westley until Saturday but he left a lasting impression

Full weight C U N T

have a look at Wesley's dealings at Farnborough FC

Other observers might say he's a right crook - i wouldn't say that of course...

i know of him from his time at rushden and kettering and while reasonably successful he wasnt popular with people who worked for the clubs a wee wee tail sure arrogant barsteward was a comment i can recall .spent all his career around the home counties area and was always on a loser imo going up to lancashire especially a club with the problems pne have .

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

He was terrible. Don't they have Iain Turner?

He was flipping shocking for them and they loaned him out to Dunfermline or somewhere.

If he's on the pitch, then you, the manager deemed him fit enough to play

Jesus, i'd never heard of Westley until Saturday but he left a lasting impression

Full weight C U N T

That's exactly what PNE fans think of him too!

Is Westley the guy who supposedly buggered off from Farnborough when we was Chairman and Manager (at the same time!) shortly after getting £500k from a big cup game - it was reported the £500k never made it into Farborough's bank account?

I will go as far as saying that what I say from PNE on Saturday was a disgrace and I feel very sorry for their fans. From the opening minutes they took the opportunity to time waste at every opportunity, were satisfied in kicking and hauling back our players and never looked like posing an attacking threat.

During the entire game their only shot on target looked more like a back pass that Bywater fell on. They showed no passion at all just spoiling tactics throughout the game, players were demotivated and going through the motions and as for Westley an co's antics on the bench and after the game, well they have just embarrassed themselves.

What the flip Ridsdale was thinking when he appointed this muppet only he will know, must have been very cheap, that's all I can think of. Felt for the PNE fans travelling to watch that, it was an embarrassment to once great footballing name.