Sheffield Wednesday player you first idolised...

Has to be Niclas Alexandersson

I'm amazed someone said the same as me !

I remember him scoring (2 ?) against Manure at Hillsborough when we won 3-1 and he was absolutely brilliant for that match and a fair few after ... really thought he was the dogs balls.

Guest JoeTheOwl

Akpo Sodje... Met him in a pre season thing at Hillsborough (think it was a charity match) and thought he was great. Got him to sign my Steel City Heroes DVD and my programme for the day.

I obviously saw something in Sodje no-one else did :laugh:

Chris Waddle.

My first game was vs Coventry at home and the crowd were singing the Waddle wonderland song. Seeing as we smashed them and Waddle was the architect it all came together to form idol status.

I saw him in Tesco a few weeks later, followed him around for a bit, good job I was only about 8.

I'm amazed someone said the same as me !

I remember him scoring (2 ?) against Manure at Hillsborough when we won 3-1 and he was absolutely brilliant for that match and a fair few after ... really thought he was the dogs balls.

I remember him blasting one from 30 yards against Man Utd... Schmeichel dropped it and it went in. He was injured all the time but amazing when he played.

Has to be said Graham Hyde was one of my favourites too!

EDIT - If anybody has footage from the 3-1 win over Man U please post it up... 1998 season :)

Edited by siowls

Guest Triplej2

How could I forget! I even remember the car he used to drive... What a legend!

Ferrari Testarossa... and he had a flat on Park Hill or Hyde park flats as his bolthole, 100% True!