Canada/USA Owls - watch PNE game in vancouver

What are you doing there our of curiousity Chorley?

I'm contemplating maybe going over there in a few years for a year (with a view of eventually staying) and wanted some info!

Canada is supposed to be one of the best places to live and it's actually possible to get into (unlike the USA, which is my preference).

Sorry for deflecting the direction of the thread. Feel free to PM as I realise this no longer constitutes as being SWFC related.

What are you doing there our of curiousity Chorley?

I'm contemplating maybe going over there in a few years for a year (with a view of eventually staying) and wanted some info!

Canada is supposed to be one of the best places to live and it's actually possible to get into (unlike the USA, which is my preference).

Sorry for deflecting the direction of the thread. Feel free to PM as I realise this no longer constitutes as being SWFC related.

If you want info PM me and any of the other Canada Owls on here. We'll put you straight :biggrin:

Oh yeah, and what's the PNE thing the OP is about?

Edited by edmontonowl

Standerino - I'm skiing in Whistler for a few weeks. Have done so for the past 7 years. Vancouver is a terrific city and is surrounded by a stunning environment if you like the outdoor life. If I was 30 years younger I would have no hesitation moving out here but I'm not sure of the logistics of how you would do it i.e. jobs, immigration etc. The Canadians in BC are incredibly friendly and have a great lifestyle. We've made lots of good friends over the years. I would definitely consider it for a year initially. Lots of people from the UK work in Whistler doing seasonal jobs and have a great time. Hope that helps - UTO.

Anyone know of any links that would let me watch the PNE game broadcast on Sky as I'm in Vancouver (Whistler) at the moment. Cheers.

Buggar watching it on TV I am flying over to go to to the match (and Hudders and Oldham).

PS its a lovely day in whistler/ Vancouver today innit

Sportsnet World is probably the TV channel you need. If you don't subscribe the -

If you're in Vancouver you could try ringing around the following pubs to see which (if any) will be open and showing the game at that time in the morning :

G Sport

Lamplighter

New Oxford

Dover Arms

Library Square

The Sin Bin

If you're in Whistler then I can't help you with possible locations (& you probably won't be up in time)

If you're in Chorley try the Swan with 2 Necks

Sportsnet World is probably the TV channel you need. If you don't subscribe the -

If you're in Vancouver you could try ringing around the following pubs to see which (if any) will be open and showing the game at that time in the morning :

G Sport

Lamplighter

New Oxford

Dover Arms

Library Square

The Sin Bin

If you're in Whistler then I can't help you with possible locations (& you probably won't be up in time)

If you're in Chorley try the Swan with 2 Necks

Don't think Sportsnet World will show a League 1 game, except in unusual circumstances

Guest RobboOwl84

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=151382&part=sports

try this too. its effectively the myp2p website just name changed and re packaged. check the link on the day closer to KO to see what streams are available.

just a word of warning though, you may need to download some freeware software like sopcast to watch certain streams. well worth it though.

Don't think Sportsnet World will show a League 1 game, except in unusual circumstances

This

I think the only way will be over the internet. Plus the only downfall to living in Vancouver is that early kick offs suck as you have to be up at 4:30 am

Edited by Mickjj

Jk, but in all seriousness definately reccomend you come out here, BC Canadians are the friendliest, most open minded forward thinking people in our country. The mountains are fucking stunning! If you do decide to try it out for a year, it shouldn't be hard getting a 1-year visa, but you should try a place like Whistler, if not Kelowna or Banff. A rocky mountain resort town, because living in Vancouver itself is really pricey and its hard to make ends meet judging from my own experience.