so why do we all hate leeds scum?

We laugh at their rivalry with Man Utd because we think it's one way (which it isn't to be honest)... and then we sing songs about them, it doesn't make any sense. As I said, it's embarrassing.

Plus 1 from me. It's embarrassing. We're to them, what Rotherham are to us. A team that they don't care about, that sing songs about them.

I asked a Man Utd season ticket holder, huge fan (actually from Manchester!) about the Leeds rivalry once and he said his entire hate was reserved for Liverpool. Then went on a mardy rant about how he wasnt bothered about Man City, claiming they wasnt a threat and the rivalry is one sided etc. It was very obvious he did care alot about Man City but just didnt want to admit it. And then said he didnt like Leeds, but didnt care about them enough for him to class it as a rivalry of any sorts. But thats just one Man Utd fan, suppose it depends on your age a lot of it. The older Wednesday fan seems to have a strong dislike towards Leeds, those that werent around for the days of Don Reevie are usually impartial towards them.

I don't like Leeds but don't hate them with a passion. I can understand older fans not liking them to an extent but when you get 18 year olds singing anti Leeds stuff yet they probably don't know why, a bit like the same 18 year olds that were shouting scab yesterday, and will have had no idea why or what it means.

In 70's quite a few folk stopped going to hillsborough to glory hunt with Leeds, 2 biggest teams in the county, Howard Wilkinson, its Leeds do you need anymore reasons

Not having that one mate, they definatly wasn't true Wednesday if they did go to ER, might of been say Wakefield Wednesday/leeds etc or from Huddersfield but not Sheffield, although in the 70s crowds were very low (all time lows) this is not the reason why Wednesdays crowds were low.

I don't like Leeds but don't hate them with a passion. I can understand older fans not liking them to an extent but when you get 18 year olds singing anti Leeds stuff yet they probably don't know why, a bit like the same 18 year olds that were shouting scab yesterday, and will have had no idea why or what it means.

1984 miners strike where a lot of the working miners from Nottinghamshire that refused to cross the picket lines were mostly Notts County fans.

Guest waistline ye diddle

Anybody remember why the 2nd World War started?

it was some bloke called adolf i believe who started it. rumour has it he was born in Leeds.

Leeds Owl Trail map has sharp-eyed public following

_47978959_dsc_0049.jpg

One of the historic owls on the trail is preserved in stained glass

A map that pinpoints the locations of hidden symbols of owls around Leeds is being re-launched after the discovery of more owls by the public.

The stately owl, from the city's coat of arms, is a civic symbol of Leeds.

It can be found perched on various historical sites including the Town Hall, Leeds bridge and St. Anne's Cathedral.

Discovered locations have doubled to 25 since 2009 when a local team published a map of the first Owl Trail.

Statues and artistic representations of the bird can be spotted around the Civic Hall, inside Kirkgate market, atop the Corn Exchange and at 22 other locations - some more hidden than others.

Historical voyage

The Leeds Owl Trail was launched last year when 10 owl locations were brought together on a map by a small team led by Antonia Stowe, a Leeds-based visual artist.

The trail is described as a 'voyage across history' and its purpose is to 'inform and inspire people about Leeds' rich heritage'.

The team delivered owl maps to hotels and information centres across the city. Antonia says the self-guided walking tour has been well received and the maps have run out after every delivery.

"I never thought we'd be doing a 33,000 copy delivery!" she said.

The original map revealed where each owl was, along with a description of its location's history through the bird's point of view.

Since then, the public have spotted 15 more owl locations and a new map is being unveiled this month.

_47978679_dsc_0062.jpg

Sharp eyes have found 15 more owl locations since last Spring

Antonia is thrilled. She said: "It has taken off in an incredible way, with the website and the map...It encourages people to go out there and engage in the city."

From the bold golden owls in Millennium Square to a crumbling carving on a nineteenth century auction house on East Parade, the growing trail is intended to be a unique way of getting to know Leeds and parts of its history.

Antonia said one advantage of the walking trail is the opportunity to go outside and get some exercise while also seeing some otherwise unnoticed sights, on your own or as a family or group activity.

BBC Leeds got a sneak peak of the new extended trail, which the owl team has called the grand tour. Some of the recently-discovered owls are much harder to spot, while some lead followers inside historical buildings in the city centre.

3 reasons:

Only other non tin-pot club in Yorkshire, therefore derbys against them are at the Yorkshire el-Classico.

They have a higher proportion of nobheads that follow them than other teams, which doesn't help their cause.

And their teams are always ALWAYS dirty fvckers