FABRICE MUAMBA (I know not Wednesday but very important)

Guest Sheff Owl

http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/sport/dr-andrew-deaner-saved-fabrica-muamba-ran-from-stands-hailed-a-hero

A doctor who rushed from the stands to help the medics treating Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba after he suffered a cardiac arrest during his side's FA Cup tie with Tottenham, has be called a hero.

Andrew Deaner (seen in the above picture in the brown coat on the right), a consultant cardiologist, was a spectator at the match when Mumaba collapsed.

Recognising what might have happened, he immediately explained who he was to a steward before being allowed onto the pitch to help.

Dr Deaner, who works at the London Chest hospital, where Muamba was transferred, stressed to medical teams that the player needed to get to the London chest hospital as fast as possible.

Deaner is also part of the team who has been treating Muamba since his arrival at the hospital.

Two days after his collapse the player is said to be showing the first tentative signs of recovery: moving his limbs independently and responding appropriately to questions.

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside said: “The staff at the London Chest Hospital have been nothing short of exceptional and I would like to thank them all at this ongoing critical time. The support from Tottenham and our own fans was fantastic at the game, unbelievable.”

Football fans from around the world have been hailing Deaner's work on Twitter:

"I would love to meet Dr. Andrew Deaner one day. I would love to shake his hand & tell him what a remarkable job he done for @fmuamba #legend," said Luke Sheeks.

All this false sympathy is doing my head in!!!

If you wanted to do some good why don't any of you give a donation to British Heart Foundation? That would be more practical then writing messages on here.

Why go out of your way to post a snidey comment in a thread like this?

Why shouldn't people show sympathy for someone who had a heart attack live on television in front of millions?

And who knows, seeing that and posting in this thread may just have prompted some people to donate.

The strange phenomenon in modern life for conspicuous grief and "caring" is just absurd. It's not caring, it's just "look at me; I'm showing sympathy and empathy". If you care, help the BHF, volunteer for heart research, help your neighbor, be a nicer person. Do it quietly without fanfare and telling the world

The strange phenomenon in modern life for conspicuous grief and "caring" is just absurd. It's not caring, it's just "look at me; I'm showing sympathy and empathy". If you care, help the BHF, volunteer for heart research, help your neighbor, be a nicer person. Do it quietly without fanfare and telling the world

Your point is not without merit; we live in fake and superficial times where image and celebrity are matters of ridiculous reverence, but it does seem a little out of place in this thread.

Who made you God all of a sudden?

All this false sympathy is doing my head in!!!

If you wanted to do some good why don't any of you give a donation to British Heart Foundation? That would be more practical then writing messages on here.

Why don't you just fuck off. Who are you to decide whose sympathy is real or not? I was in shock when it happened and absolutely gutted, no affiliation to Bolton nor Fabrice Muamba, if you don't give a shit fuck off to another thread where you can act the tool.

Edited by Grimbarian

Got to be said, the press have milked this. You'd have thought it was Princess Di all over again.

God knows how'd they react if Rooney carked it on the pitch.

I hope Muamba makes a speedy recovery and wish him all the best for the future...but the press? They can f*ck off.

It's called news mate.

Like it or not most people are interested, and an 11 page thread on here bears that out.