Sign in to follow this  
parkerowl

Whats the tune called that Wednesday walk out to at home ?

Yep Waterfront by Simple Minds! Love it!

Waterfront is right actually. The contender thing is the music just before we come out.

Edited by JoeTheOwl

Am I right in thinking we used to come out to Waterfront and then they changed it for a couple of seasons and we were coming out to the God awful 2Unlimited Get Ready for this?? I was relieved when we reverted back to Waterfront!!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Am I right in thinking we used to come out to Waterfront and then they changed it for a couple of seasons and we were coming out to the God awful 2Unlimited Get Ready for this?? I was relieved when we reverted back to Waterfront!!

We ran out to Get Ready for as long as I can remember (from about early/mid 90's) up until when the Strafford regime changed it to Waterfront. I prefer Get Ready as run-out music.

Waterfront is actually a great track but just doesn't work for me at Hillsborough over the tannoy - sounds like a cat getting strangled (not that I'd know what this sounds like)

• Disagree 4

We ran out to Get Ready for as long as I can remember (from about early/mid 90's) up until when the Strafford regime changed it back to Waterfront. I prefer Get Ready as run-out music.

Waterfront is actually a great track but just doesn't work for me at Hillsborough over the tannoy - sounds like a cat getting strangled (not that I'd know what this sounds like)

Back. Changed it back.

And Waterfront is the far better one.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I love the tune. Always thought it sounded great as a kid on the early 90s. I remember listening to it as the teams came out thinking were going to give you a right pasting today

Love Waterfront.

Would be 10 times better though if the teams still ran out rather than the stupid walk and handshake thing they have to do now.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Apart from that embarrassing Hi ho poo I have no idea what music is ever played so therefore couldn't really give a throw.

• Disagree 5

Daft question, who choses stadium music?

If the manager has something to do with it, maybe DJ will have it changed to fit his style.

I believe Waterfront was abandoned for circa 10 years -first remember it coming back when we played Norwich at home last day of the season under Laws (won 4-1)

Apart from that embarrassing Hi ho poo I have no idea what music is ever played so therefore couldn't really give a throw.

Honestly? shlte?? i bed to differ.

Also congratulations on the most optimistic post of the day

• Agree 2

Hardly poo . still is an always will be my first and favourite memory of a game.

Waterfront needs to go, it's bland, uninspiring, unatmospherical and like some of our fans it's stuck in the past.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2