How many points

Guest pops55

If it does end up being 1, or even 2 points, they will have p!ssed those games in hand right up the wall.

They could have been 11 clear at one stage had they won those games in hand, psychological fail on their part? Hope so.

Well,in my opinion there is huge pressure on them to win this game in hand they've been banging on about. Psychologically speaking to go from being almost coasting with a MASSIVE lead then to see it dwindle to one point would be worrying for them.

Guest Sheff Owl

If it does end up being 1, or even 2 points, they will have p!ssed those games in hand right up the wall.

They could have been 11 clear at one stage had they won those games in hand, psychological fail on their part? Hope so.

True.

I know this might sound stupid but i can't help feeling the position we are in is a very good one with 10 games left of the season.

I mean the pressure is on the Pigs well and truly, with teams breathing down there necks..

Obviously i would love to be second now but part of me thinks that the pressure could be huge as the games tick down knowing that one slip up and teams will overtake..

I suppose from a pressure point of view its better to be Third than second at the minute.

Notts County D

Walsall W

Leyton Orient W

Preston W

Huddersfield D

Oldham W

Colchester L

Carlise W

Brentford D

Wycombe W

6 wins, 3 draws & 1 Defeat = 21 points

I think we'll finish on 88 points and JUST miss out :sad:

I think we need to win every game this month to stand a chance....April is really tough going away to Huddersfield, Colchester & Brentford

Fingers crossed we do it but with 3 teams going for one spot you can assume one of us will get the 2 points per game from now on to get over the line....just hope its us

True.

I know this might sound stupid but i can't help feeling the position we are in is a very good one with 10 games left of the season.

I mean the pressure is on the Pigs well and truly, with teams breathing down there necks..

Obviously i would love to be second now but part of me thinks that the pressure could be huge as the games tick down knowing that one slip up and teams will overtake..

I suppose from a pressure point of view its better to be Third than second at the minute.

Always better to chase than be chased, 2nd place at the moment could prove to be a poisoned chalice.

We've seen it so many times this season, you can be in 2nd place, lose 1 game and you're down to 5th, United had a decent gap, but they dont any more andhave slipped back into that situation, if they slip up now, somebody will punish it, hopefully that pressure will tell sooner or later.

Huge amount of wishful thinking but it's certainly not out of the question.

Guest pops55

I

Notts County D

Walsall W

Leyton Orient W

Preston W

Huddersfield D

Oldham W

Colchester L

Carlise W

Brentford D

Wycombe W

6 wins, 3 draws & 1 Defeat = 21 points

I think we'll finish on 88 points and JUST miss out :sad:

I think we need to win every game this month to stand a chance....April is really tough going away to Huddersfield, Colchester & Brentford

Fingers crossed we do it but with 3 teams going for one spot you can assume one of us will get the 2 points per game from now on to get over the line....just hope its us

I said earlier no team finishing third in the last 10 years have had more than 87 points, think 88 will clinch it

Edited by pops55

Guest Sheff Owl

Yeah true can you imagine going into the last game of the season vs Wycombe needing a win for automatic..

It will be Crystal Palace all over again yet this time it's to go up - don't know if i could cope :biggrin:

On paper it looks like the pigs have a better run in than us.....but at this stage of the season who knows how things will go.

Notts County AWAY Very tricky game given their recent form - 1 point

Walsall - HOME Should beat these - 3 points

Leyton Orient - AWAY SHould beat these - 3 points

Preston - HOME Should beat these - 3 points

Huddersfield - WAY Depends on how we deal with Rhodes - 1 point

Oldham - HOME Should beat these - 3 points

Colchester - AWAY Very tricky game - 1 point

Carlisle - HOME Difficult game but will scrape it - 3 points

Brentford - AWAY Another tricky game - 1 point

Wycome - HOME Should be a home banker - 3 points

TOTAL: 22 points 2.2 points per game average

For all those looking at the number of points of third placed teams over the years is pointless, because that is THIRD position we need to look at how many points the SECOND placed team got each season to find out how many points you need

Saints got 92 last year therefore 91 would not have been enough never mind 87 or 88......

Guest pops55

For all those looking at the number of points of third placed teams over the years is pointless, because that is THIRD position we need to look at how many points the SECOND placed team got each season to find out how many points you need

Saints got 92 last year therefore 91 would not have been enough never mind 87 or 88......

:tango:

Southampton would have gone up with 88 points last season.

88 points would have got second place.

That is the point people are making.

Southampton would have gone up with 88 points last season.

88 points would have got second place.

That is the point people are making.

For Sheffield Wednesday to be promoted via automatic last season we would have needed 93 points to overhaul Southampton.

91 points was only good enough for third last year.....

Third place points total means nothing

Always better to chase than be chased, 2nd place at the moment could prove to be a poisoned chalice.

We've seen it so many times this season, you can be in 2nd place, lose 1 game and you're down to 5th, United had a decent gap, but they dont any more andhave slipped back into that situation, if they slip up now, somebody will punish it, hopefully that pressure will tell sooner or later.

Huge amount of wishful thinking but it's certainly not out of the question.

Mmmmm, I wonder if Charlton take that view?

There'll be a few more twists before the season is out of that I'm sure

Edited by B58