Well Done

Guest shaker0

Guest shaker0

You played some great stuff on Tuesday and the old boys came back to bite us as an away fan my point of view of the game was we have to do some work but we aren't a million miles off starting to scrape some wins together.

I arrived late at the game on Tuesday you had already gone 1 up through what I have seen since as a really good run by Lowe and a good finish.

I was watching Lowe and Jones and they still seem to have the decent kind of understanding of each other that they had last season, Jones caused us all sorts of problems and I don't understand how our defense couldn't cope with him we should of known him inside flipping out! after playing in the same team for 18/19 months.

Not taking anything away from you at all you attacked well and knew how to put the ball in the back of the net something that seemed to elude us some what, if the looping shot had just dipped under the bar and the shot where our second striker put it just wide (how i will never know) had both gone in we might of been looking at another amazing come back , but you showed a lot more resolve than Hudders did and you looked calm and confident on the ball, I can see you snatching that second spot and I really hope you do you have played well this season (well you must have you are second) and deserve it.

I just knew Lowe and Jonah would do something against us a good pass from Lowe for the first a good cross from Jones for the 3rd and a good finish from Lowe for the 4th so if you had any ex bury in your squad it was one all point please?

Really good luck for the run in and beat some of the lower teams for us as we might need a bit of help no win since January for us :(

Mike Jones tore his old teammates a new poohole on Tuesday, why we haven't been playing him is a total mystery.

Was a quality game from our point of view and exactly what we have been wanting for quite a while, obviously Bury had chances as every team is going to over 90 minutes, and to be fair your lads have knocked the ball about pretty well in both the games we've seen this season, thought we controlled most of it though and once we got the 2nd goal it was over as a contest really.

Apologies for stealing your players, and best of luck in staying up this season.

Cheers. Good points made.

My assessment of Bury based on the two games I've seen you against us this season.

You obviously try and on the whole play good football. I liked the movement your midfield had and some of the passing was neat, quick and tidy. Aliyu got into some great pockets of space and caused us one or two problems, although his final product and use with the ball was a bit hit and miss. He's certainly got some potential though. I honestly thought in terms of pass and move you were the best team we've played, but then you come to your problems.

The two thirds at the ends of the pitch.

I thought you were fairly toothless in attack, despite good build up play at times. I can see why Ryan Lowe did so well and scored so many goals for you in that team, especially with his clever movement. I can also see (now) why Mike Jones was a good player for you as they both seem to suit that style down to a tee. Now I don't what replacements are like, but those two would have obviously made a huge difference to your attacking play.

As for your defence. Pretty soft really. You couldn't handle Madine who was excellent and Lowe's movement was dragging your defenders out of position. Antonio was isolating fullbacks and causing all sorts of problems and M. Jones was drifting and influencing play all over the place. You simply couldn't cope to be honest.

I do however see enough in that team with the likes of Schumacher, Aliyu, is it Worrell? etc. to see you safe though. You just need a couple of defenders and maybe a forward or two and you have the makings of a pretty decent League One team.

Edited by BRADDAZ

Good post Shaker...

Went to your ground earlier this season and was impressed with how you played.

Credit to your lads on Tuesday as well. Even at 4-1 your heads never dropped.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Guest shaker0

Cheers lads and leea I couldn't agree more the game was over after the second, but then again we thought that on Saturday but for some reason we didn't seem as confident.

Must say nights like that are the reason why coming up was so important I think if we do stay up we need to spend a bit next transfer window, can always send us jones and lowe back if they wont get in your championship squad ;)

BRADDAZ I agree we need something we need to get someone who can deal with pace been a problem for a long time I feel.

Did we not let you play Coke?

I was impressed with Schumacher.

Coke hasnt played for a few games now anyway dropped after suspension I think.

You played some great stuff on Tuesday and the old boys came back to bite us as an away fan my point of view of the game was we have to do some work but we aren't a million miles off starting to scrape some wins together.

I arrived late at the game on Tuesday you had already gone 1 up through what I have seen since as a really good run by Lowe and a good finish.

I was watching Lowe and Jones and they still seem to have the decent kind of understanding of each other that they had last season, Jones caused us all sorts of problems and I don't understand how our defense couldn't cope with him we should of known him inside flipping out! after playing in the same team for 18/19 months.

Not taking anything away from you at all you attacked well and knew how to put the ball in the back of the net something that seemed to elude us some what, if the looping shot had just dipped under the bar and the shot where our second striker put it just wide (how i will never know) had both gone in we might of been looking at another amazing come back , but you showed a lot more resolve than Hudders did and you looked calm and confident on the ball, I can see you snatching that second spot and I really hope you do you have played well this season (well you must have you are second) and deserve it.

I just knew Lowe and Jonah would do something against us a good pass from Lowe for the first a good cross from Jones for the 3rd and a good finish from Lowe for the 4th so if you had any ex bury in your squad it was one all point please?

Really good luck for the run in and beat some of the lower teams for us as we might need a bit of help no win since January for us :(

you look a decent side, but...

at this time of the season the shltty sides are starting to drag a result or two out of the fire...

along with your football, you've gotta dig in deep and show some grit, or you could be dragged in...

Guest shaker0

you look a decent side, but...

at this time of the season the shltty sides are starting to drag a result or two out of the fire...

along with your football, you've gotta dig in deep and show some grit, or you could be dragged in...

I know its getting scary in a way at the min as long as we and Oldham stay up I don't mind I think another 10 points should be get able but its easy saying it isn't it!

What's he been like prior to his suspension?

Has he brought any good qualities to your midfield?

He adds a bit of fizz but gets right up my nose sometimes ;)

In all seriousness he can be a good player for us when he wants to and im sure you know all about that as well!

Guest shaker0

Great post mate, all the best for the rest of the season!

Cheers mate and you too! Really hope you beat the red and Sh!te to second!

Cheers shaker, echo the thoughts of many on here, you've got a tidy footballing side with a soft underbelly.  Don't think you'll drop though, I've seen far worse teams this season.  

Was interested watching your subs warm up at half time - by process of elimination I think it must've been Max Harrop.  Looks to have a very decent technique and a few tricks.  I know it's different just warming up but I'd like to know what he's like in a game situation (and not when you're 4-1 down)

Guest shaker0

Cheers shaker, echo the thoughts of many on here, you've got a tidy footballing side with a soft underbelly. Don't think you'll drop though, I've seen far worse teams this season.

Was interested watching your subs warm up at half time - by process of elimination I think it must've been Max Harrop. Looks to have a very decent technique and a few tricks. I know it's different just warming up but I'd like to know what he's like in a game situation (and not when you're 4-1 down)

He's just come back off loan from Blythe wear he got some rave reviews he's not really played that much only a few sub appearances but by all accounts he score a 35 yard screamer for Blythe on his debut!

Guest shaker0

I was very impressed with Bury's footballing philosophy. Do they now dig in and go more direct or do they stick to their principles?

We normally pass it about quite a bit and don't hoof much to be fair!

HAve you ever heard away fans singing for one of your players before?

Oh Ryan Lowe Ryan Ryan Ryan Lowe Ryan Ryan Ryan Lowe Oh Ryan Lowe!!