Rochdale 0 - 0 Sheffield Wednesday

Guest Johnbloodaxe

I'd certainly take that, but I think Madine is going to run riot today.

I don't know who or how but I also think JBA might not be too far wrong and we're going to open a can of whoop-ass on 'Dale. Of course I'm rarely correct.

Edited by themaskedowl

I really like COG, but I'm not sure today is the ideal game for him. He doesn't strike me as the sort of character who would relish scoring against his old team, and was the player most clearly in support of Megson after his goal last week, it might be a bit of a strange experience for him.

On the other hand Lowe has a clean slate to put all those missed opportunities in Megson's side behind him and get a fresh start. If Dave Jones really does turn us into a better passing side with the ball on the ground I think Lowe could be in for a good return of goals over the coming weeks. He is a good finisher, but when you know that you're only going to get 1 or 2 chances a game it doesn't half put the pressure on you to score.

Madine is Madine, he has everything a truly top-class striker needs in terms of ability and physical attributes, he just needs to show the same enthusiasm as he did on Sunday every week.

I really like COG, but I'm not sure today is the ideal game for him. He doesn't strike me as the sort of character who would relish scoring against his old team, and was the player most clearly in support of Megson after his goallast week, it might be a bit of a strange experience for him.

On the other hand Lowe has a clean slate to put

all those missed opportunities in Megson's side behind him and get a fresh start. If Dave Jones really does turn us into a better passing side with the ball on the ground I think Lowe could be in for a good return of goals over the coming weeks. He is a good finisher, but when you know that you're only going to get 1 or 2 chances a game it doesn't half put the pressure on you to score.

Madine is Madine, he has everything a truly top-class striker needs in terms of ability and physical attributes, he just needs to show the same enthusiasm as he did on Sunday every week.

COG would be the first forward on my teamsheet. How can you say he's the sort of striker who wouldn't relish scoring against his old team! He said in the papers he's relishing returning and said he wants to win. Also after his incredible performance in the derby and legendary goal plus his workrate for most of the season it would be highly unfair and very unlikely he didn't start. Not getting at you mate, just thought your comments were a bit unfair on him.

:biggrin: UTO.

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

If everone starts with a clean slate it'll be interesting to see how players such as Lowe and M, Jones respond. Not sure if there will be much changed from the team that won last Sunday though.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Going to this one with mixed feelings. Hoping to give my enthusiasm tank a refill.

Good way of putting it, that's how I feel...

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

bit concerned with Prutton of late. Not been putting the performances in I really expected of a player with his pedigree.

Hopefully today he'll put a shift in.

Definately start with O'grady though.

Guest londonowl1

can't wait to see the new free flowing style of Wednesday, DJ should have them playing like Brazil by now.

Reda down the wing with a few step overs, inside to Semedo who lets it through his legs then flicks it into O'Grady who nut megs the entire defence before chipping the goal keeper.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

can't wait to see the new free flowing style of Wednesday, DJ should have them playing like Brazil by now.

Reda down the wing with a few step overs, inside to Semedo who lets it through his legs then flicks it into O'Grady who nut megs the entire defence before chipping the goal keeper.

YES I am looking forward to that too just like waddle nutmegging three defenders at the same time...