"Jones the backstabber ?"

we got rid of Megson because he doesnt get on with MM and MA

not because DJ said he'd take the job

it still seems a very poor decision given the timing but DJ has a very similar CV to Megson apart from he has never really failed at a club and has a reputation for playing better football.

I think before the pigs game we'd have settled for the playoffs, well maybe MM has too now. we should easily make playoffs and by then DJ should have got his best 11 and the players onboard.

The tapping up of players and managers has gone on for a long time.

However, there is MASSIVE difference between discreet enquiries from either side and "by the way" conversations and meetings/interivews is well established London hotels in the week preceding a football clubs biggest fixture in many a year.

Guest Big Guns

didnt believe the mrs when she said dave jones was taking over

then i saw her face..........

3rd time ive posted that :Hirsty:

Has anyone read his book?

His dad passed away days after the allegations came out. Not only did he have to deal with the impending trial, which was thrown out of court, but live with the fact his own father didn't get to see him clear his name.

I really think posters should think about posts like the one above. I'm not saying this hasn't been sung by Jones, I never have though. Just think a little thought and context should be made first.

I agree FG but he's going to get it.......it still follows him around despite what the real truth is.

I read the book about Jones and i remember a radio programme about him

and i have to say the dignified way he handled that situation was amazing.

The stress of it was also the reason he lost his Dad. No-one should have to put

up with what he did.

We shall see if it's the right choice come end of season , personally i have no qualms about jones coming in good look to the bloke , but i still think MM should have backed GM with the key players we needed as MM said he woul do ,THEN we might have seen whether GM was upto it /or not but he never got the chance,

We shall see if it's the right choice come end of season , personally i have no qualms about jones coming in good look to the bloke , but i still think MM should have backed GM with the key players we needed as MM said he woul do ,THEN we might have seen whether GM was upto it /or not but he never got the chance,

Yeh, yeh, yeh whatever.........

When was the last time you went to a game anyway???

We've got ourselves a very good manager.

Dave Jones has done nothing wrong in my opinion and should be given a proper chance by every Wednesday fan.

Megson was harshly treated, but some of the hysterical garbage coming from our fans would make you think that Milan shot him.

Good post, sick and tired of this argument being used on here to attack Dave or even Milan, it's a professionally run club now, even if that means brutal things happen some don't agree with, we really want to be in a Wolves situation?

Guest the concierge

Seen this mentioned a few times on here, by some quite respectable posters too.

In an ideal world we'd see a bit of morality take hold and Dave Jones would have said "thanks for the interest Milan, but get in contact when you've got a vacancy".

Unfortunately however, this is football, a sport where morality and sportsmanship have long since disappeared.

So I thought i'd give a few examples of this kind of thing going on at our club in the past.

- Peter Eustace was sacked on 14th February 1989 - Ron Atkinson was in the hotseat within MINUTES after talks with Dave Richards

- Richards was at it again in 1998, contacting Barnsley over the availablity of Danny Wilson as early as April, while Big Ron was fighting for a new contract.

- Chris Turner was sacked in September 2004, Paul Sturrock took the job five days later after reportedly holding talks with Dave Allen for a week.

And finally...

- Alan Irvine was sacked on 3rd February 2011, and gary megson took the vacancy 19 hours later.

I am pretty sure that Bert Mcghee was chairman when big ron was appointed first time.