Megson and Manderic - 2 sides to every story

I appreciate the unsavoury nature of this whole affair, but a lot of us are not being very open minded about it all and letting sentiment (and a derby victory) get in the way of objectivity.

We just don't know what has gone on behind closed doors and are only hearing one side of the story. Lets not forget that Manderic has been professional enough to not to discuss personal matters in public. Lets also not forget the way Megson left Leicester to join Bolton after Manderic fought tooth and nail to keep him - based on this a lot may have been surprised that Manderic even hired Megson in the first place.

Yes, the dismissal may have been personal, but it takes two to tango and Megson is hardly a shrinking violet.

Said to a few before the match on Sunday that I was sort of surprised, knowing what had gone at Leicester, that Milan had appointed Gary in the first place.

Still doesn't really justify the treatment of lol though.

Football is a cruel game either way.

Completely agree with that in fact I bet GM is a nightmare to oversee because the lad is a winner whereas MM is a winner in commerce but imo has little judgement about football managers working for him a manager surely can never relax having a demonstrated life of just less than a year on average to do things on the cheap

Completely agree with that in fact I bet GM is a nightmare to oversee because the lad is a winner whereas MM is a winner in commerce but imo has little judgement about football managers working for him a manager surely can never relax having a demonstrated life of just less than a year on average to do things on the cheap

True.

We are Wednesday and hardly in a position to be choosers. For me personally I am happy with a man that has put so much money into the club and who is also developing it nicely off the pitch. I'll take the rough with the smooth.

Guest wilyfox

the dynamic of Megson, Mandaric and Aldridge all working together has encountered problems during the last twelve months. i don't agree with Megson's sacking, and his affinity with the fans makes it all the more uncomfortable to bear; but the decision has been made and we move on. i hope Chris Evans remains as Jones' assistant; he's an asset, a credit to the club having good rapport with fans and players. i'm disappointed that Mandaric did not conduct proceedings with more discretion; speculation was rife not only of Megson's sacking, but also the identity of his successor following their alledged 'hotel meeting'. to be expected that Mandaric would have irons in the fire, but they should not have been common knowledge while Megson was incharge.

Agree to a point. The only thing I would disagree with is that we not only hearing one side of the story. We are not hearing any side of the story at all. It's just rumour, and hearsay. Nobody has come out, GM, MM or PA and categorically stated the reason for any actions, therefore it is impossible to reach an informed decision.

Me,even though I feel for GM as it's tough to see what else he could have done, I'm keeping an open mind just for the moment. I will certainly not be casting any abuse at DJ. I mean talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. 13 games to go... Let's get behind the club, the team, the manager and the chairman after all, we're all Wednesday aren't we????

no ones said anything megson or the chairman ,they've obviously come to some agreement to keep stum and not get involved in a slanging match .probably for the best we dont need anything like when colin got the bullit from mccabe .