R.I.P Hooooooooooooooooof.....?

If Jones does come in (as it looks certain) It looks like the ball is going to be on the deck a bit more.

One question, most of Megson's signings have been brought in to fit in with the style of play, I just hope they can adapt to what could be a big change 2 thirds of the way through the season.

was no more up in the air than laws or irvine, if you think that was hoof you never saw the pigs under bassett or Wimbledon

All players love to play football and hopefully we'll get a few pleasant surprises when ours are encouraged to do so. Was reading an interesting article about Brighton when Poyet came He encouraged them to express themselves and to go out and enjoy their football. The change was unbelievable with even so called journeymen footballers finding they were capable of so much more. I've always believed we've had the players here who could play if given the opportunity.

Just you watch David Prutton become the best player for the rest of the season.

Believe you me.

Yeh and we might see Rob Jones strolling out of defense like Bobby Moore, playing the occasional ball on the deck to a blue shirt....... :biggrin: .

Pritton's legs have gone mate ....too slow, for anything other than a deputy for Semedo

I'd settle for the keeper throwing the ball out to the full backs and seeing Buxton and Reda carrying the ball into the opposition half ala Roland and Kingy......progress

Yeh and we might see Rob Jones strolling out of defense like Bobby Moore, playing the occasional ball on the deck to a blue shirt....... :biggrin: .

Pritton's legs have gone mate ....too slow, for anything other than a deputy for Semedo

I'd settle for the keeper throwing the ball out to the full backs and seeing Buxton and Reda carrying the ball into the opposition half ala Roland and Kingy......progress

He has the nouse, and the only one with any. He doesnt need his legs as much these days, its all in his head. When we start actually using the midfield instead of lumping it over them he will be a revelation.

Believe you me.

Guest jamesmappin

Thats one thing I hated about Megson was this bloody long ball stuff!!! so I hope we get it on the deck alot more.

League 2 isn't about playing good football. We've done that for many years and we've gone down and then down again.

It may not be pretty but it's got us to third in the league. Yes, if we can play good football and win then that's a bonus but we need to grind out these results.

I don't buy that at all. But explain, what style of play, and which players are you referring to.

I see the lads point, combative, physical, strong Megson Type players....Bennett, Semedo, Jones, O'Grady, Prutton.

Only Lines, Marshall, Watt, Antonio we're brought in to provide service for goals and 3 of them are loans!

Guest andyofsheffield

Hooof got us to 3rd in the league. I don't care whether we play the long ball or play on the deck as long as we get out of this sh*tty league. A win is a win.

Anyone who says that direct ball suits our players is ridiculous. These are professional footballers and to suggest that all they can do is hoof the ball forward is silly. It all starts in training. DJ won't be able to change the style overnight, but I'm sure will incorporate a more shorter passing style eventually.

Whenever I've heard other Wednesdayites talking to other teams fans they say:

"Wednesday aren't a long ball team, they mix it up"

Now, i've missed 4 games this season. What's changed? All of a sudden were being described as a hoof team???