R.I.P Hooooooooooooooooof.....?

If Jones does come in (as it looks certain) It looks like the ball is going to be on the deck a bit more.

One question, most of Megson's signings have been brought in to fit in with the style of play, I just hope they can adapt to what could be a big change 2 thirds of the way through the season.

Thats one thing I hated about Megson was this bloody long ball stuff!!! so I hope we get it on the deck alot more.

But can we?

Players must get into a certain mindset. The only thing I can compare it with was when Eustace got the sack and big Ron took over, it took them 3 or 4 games to get going!

Guest Sheff Owl

One thing i would like to see is Lines playing further forward.

At Bristol City he scored 14 goals from Midfield yet Megson seemed to want to play him deeper.

Just to add too..i would like to see O'Grady stop taking 15 touches and passing and start being a little more selfish and shoot, he did it for Rochdale and seemed to get goals.

We have players who should be decent enough in a more passing orientated game.

Buxton, Prutton, Lines, Antonio, JJ, Palmer, Bostock, Madine, Morrison, Lowe, there are others. Plus Semedo can be the midfield enforcer that every footballing side needs.

Guest totemowl
If Jones does come in (as it looks certain) It looks like the ball is going to be on the deck a bit more.

One question, most of Megson's signings have been brought in to fit in with the style of play, I just hope they can adapt to what could be a big change 2 thirds of the way through the season.

I don't buy that at all. But explain, what style of play, and which players are you referring to.

Guest Sheff Owl

We have players that can pass the ball around, we have proved it in some games.

We just need to show it more and have more confidence in doing it.

But can we?

Players must get into a certain mindset. The only thing I can compare it with was when Eustace got the sack and big Ron took over, it took them 3 or 4 games to get going!

I dont know if we can or cant Im just saying I hope we can but if they cant then there is something wrong.

Wednesday have employed footballers believe it or not! I'm sure these guys would be playing sunday league somewhere if they didn't have the ability. I'm quite sure a lot of these players will flourish under new management.

UTO!

As a coach Megson is clearly a negative reinforcer, works for some players but not most IMO, and works when things are going well but leads to significant morale drops and unrest (Madine?) when things are not going well, hopefully Dave Jones is more of a positive reinforcer (look what a difference that personality trait switch made at Sunderland) and it can at least start having an effect in that way, players won't be afraid to risk a creative pass as they are now knowing they get a Megson bollocking coming their way if it goes astray.

Is it any coincidence that Elmander was absolute dogshite under Megson and the season after he left Elmander had his best ever season for Bolton and they were desperate for him to sign a new contract, after Megson was sacked an interviewer asked Elmander what the biggest change was under the new manager and he replied something along the lines of "well it's nice not to get constantly shouted at"...

Guest Willyowl

What overnight? Are you having a laugh? We have the players that suit direct long ball, anyone who expects overnight change (even if it were possible) is naive as roger

Who's Roger?

Guest thekelch
If Jones does come in (as it looks certain) It looks like the ball is going to be on the deck a bit more. One question, most of Megson's signings have been brought in to fit in with the style of play, I just hope they can adapt to what could be a big change 2 thirds of the way through the season.

I would also like to see us keep it on the deck a bit more, our inability to retain possession has really put us under pressure and lead to us conceding late goals this season. However, I do think there are plenty of good footballers at the club (many signed by Megson) a midfield trio of Prutton, Lines and Bostock for example ...

I have to question what some people have watched this season.

Wednesday have played some TERRIFIC football this season and also been direct when needed. Problem is, when top quality footballers like Marshall go and hard working grafters come in cos they are cheaper, the quality of the football will drop. Not brain surgery, is it?

We have players who can play it on the deck, Lines, Antonio, buxton, madine, lowe, palmer, prutton and we also have players who are good in the air; jones, Reda, COG, semedo,

If we can get that balance right of knowing when to use aerial balls and ground balls we could be quite formidable

It was allways curious thing to me, as it seemed that most of our players are more comfortable when ball is played to their feet.

I wouldn't bet against Jones getting the best out of Gary Madine.

My Southampton, Wolves and Cardiff mates all pretty much have said the same thing about DJ. Strictly 442 with no deviation, not particularly attractive, no plan b and the really worrying point (particularly with our current goal scoring form) almost always fails to get a win after going a goal down. Only time will tell I suppose.