Well done MM, now go get KEEGAN

Guest mozzyblue

Guest mozzyblue

Took some balls, but was the right thing to do. I know a lot don't agree with me, but GM isn't the man for us. He did a great job in getting us the win on Sunday, and a great result it was too, but the rest of the season has been a failure.

He has been shown up tactically and wasn't up to it.

Has to be someone like Kevin Keegan for me. Imagine the buzz around the place and the INSTANT impact it would have on the players and fans to see the England legend there taking charge of us.

The place would be rocking, the gates would jump us massively and would kick start us for the remaining games.

Go get KEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAN MM.

Guest thekelch
Took some balls, but was the right thing to do. I know a lot don't agree with me, but GM isn't the man for us. He did a great job in getting us the win on Sunday, and a great result it was too, but the rest of the season has been a failure. He has been shown up tactically and wasn't up to it. Has to be someone like Kevin Keegan for me. Imagine the buzz around the place and the INSTANT impact it would have on the players and fans to see the England legend there taking charge of us. The place would be rocking, the gates would jump us massively and would kick start us for the remaining games. Go get KEEEEEEEEEGAAAAAAAAAN MM.

Isn't this exactly what Kevin Keegan said about himself when he resigned from England (or was it one of those other jobs he walked away from?)

If we want to go all out for a legendary player I think we'd have more chance of getting Zola and he'd do a better job

Took some balls, but was the right thing to do. I know a lot don't agree with me, but GM isn't the man for us. He did a great job in getting us the win on Sunday, and a great result it was too, but the rest of the season has been a failure.

Has to be someone like Kevin Keegan for me. Imagine the buzz around the place and the INSTANT impact it would have on the players and fans to see the England legend there taking charge of us.

The place would be rocking, the gates would jump us massively and would kick start us for the remaining games.

I stopped reading there.

Guest Distraught!

Isn't this exactly what Kevin Keegan said about himself when he resigned from England (or was it one of those other jobs he walked away from?)

If we want to go all out for a legendary player I think we'd have more chance of getting Zola and he'd do a better job

Yes, but there's a big difference to being tactically inept at international level and being inept at L1 level. Keegan has had MASSIVE success as a club manager simply by steamrollering teams with attacking football.

Even as an international manager, Keegan's record was not that bad. He took England about as far as many other England managers. Qualification for majot tournament and no further.

However, KK becoming manager is just a cake dream. It ain't going to happen now.

Guest richjones19772000

Not sure about keegan,but i agree with you he wasnt the right man for us.

Too many people on here thinking with their hearts and notheir heads,i got slaughtered for saying that last night but its true far far far too hysteria about Megson!!

MILAN WAS BANG ON TO GET RID NOW!!!!

Guest Distraught!

keegan = relegation

Even Fishcake, Cardiff or Big Guns couldn't get us relegated from the position we are now!

Keegan does promotions, not relegations - Wikipaedia will give you a clue!

The season has not been a failure so far. We are third on a budget that isn't like the top 2 yet are within touching distance.

Keegan has been out of a job for God knows how long. Would he make an immediate impact? Would the fans all be buzzing? I think the answer to both those are no.

Guest thekelch
Yes, but there's a big difference to being tactically inept at international level and being inept at L1 level. Keegan has had MASSIVE success as a club manager simply by steamrollering teams with attacking football. Even as an international manager, Keegan's record was not that bad. He took England about as far as many other England managers. Qualification for majot tournament and no further. However, KK becoming manager is just a cake dream. It ain't going to happen now.

All true, I just couldn't resist pointing the irony of it. KK would be a rollercoaster for a couple of years and would actually be quite fun, however he isn't going to come and we don't have the players or fund to make his style of football work.

Not sure about keegan,but i agree with you he wasnt the right man for us. Too many people on here thinking with their hearts and notheir heads,i got slaughtered for saying that last night but its true far far far too hysteria about Megson!! MILAN WAS BANG ON TO GET RID NOW!!!!

Even if we had dropped 3 places to 5th by the end of the season, that would still be a ten place improvement on our league position last season. Not sure you can ask a manager to do much more in his first full season in charge. If these are your expectations get ready to be disappointed whoever gets the job next.

Keegan has been out of the public eye for eons and doesnt seem to be involved in football much. This means he hasnt been watching players, doesnt have current contacts and tbh has never been asked to attempt such a huge task in the lower divisions with such restrictions and in such a small timescale.

Not likely imho