I want to hear what new members/those who dont' post think...

Seems a strange decision. The footballs not good and recently hasn't really been effective, but with only 13 games left the new manager is going to have to be some boy to come in, settle, turn things round and get automatic promotion. Surely Megson would at least have got us in the play offs

i don't normally have much sympathy for people in the football world getting the sack, they get paid damn good wages to compensate for all the stick and the uncertainty

however because gary megson is quite clearly such a big wednesday fan i do feel a tad for him

but make no mistake he will bank his payoff, dust himself down and eventually find himself another well paid job, he will move on as so will we

i can also see mm veiw, notwithstanding the fact that it appears that relations between gm and mm were strained, mandric has invested a significant sum of dough in initially bailing us out then stabalising the finances, he's 73, single minded and he wants his investment out of the third division, if he has lost confidence in megson and belives he has a better chance of achieving promotion with another manager in situ, he'll do what he needs to do

the exeter, stevenage & chesterfield games did for megson

Here's my ten pence worth then :rolleyes:

I think i sat for a good ten minutes with my gob wide open, despite the recent rumours i didn't really expect Milan would make such a stupid decision. For a man who has been in football for a while i think he has shown a little naivety. In fact i question his integrity with this decision.

Megson knew that we all come to Hillsborough and expect the team to honour the shirt we love and to put a shift in for 90 minutes. Anything less than that and we aren't going to be content. We give everything throughout our life for this club and so should they! He installed passion, strength, desire, grit and some testicles into the team. A team which lets face it are average players at best. Megson understands us because he is one of us and his decision to take the team up to the Kop to see it from our view was inspired.

Milan's timing is laughable. For a set of fans who have endured a rollercoaster of a ride its time to keep things steady. Megson laid the foundations and was part responsible for a real buzz around the ground. In a few months he has made it great to be a Wednesdayite again and returned the hope of better things. three days after taking four points from the pigs and the return of a cracking atmosphere at Hillsbourough Milan has sent us right back to where we started with uncertainty, dispute and mystery from within the boardroom.

Milan was the saviour of our club and that i will never forget, and for a moment i almost thought he was turning in to one of us. Im curious now as he asks us to trust him in his decision, who is he expecting to take the club forward, win the fans over and carry on the feel good factor that Megson installed. Whomever he is he better get results!

Living in the USA for the past 25years I don't get to see my beloved Owls very often so getting back to the premiership would enable me to watch them live on TV over here. Avid Owlstalk reader but rarely post, gutted that Mandaric sacked gary megson. I grew up watching his dad in the sixties and enjoyed some great days at Hillsborough. Seriously thought that Gary had instilled some of that same spirit to the club that was so evident back then and despite recent hicup in form felt that Madine and O'Grady would be formidable in the spring.

Honestly feel our chances of promotion have diminished, Dave Jones record of falling short at Cardiff is a worry, Mick McCarthy would be for interesting but his teams have always been inconsistent and suffered 3 and 4 defeats on the bounce.

Don't see anyone else, love to DiCanio back, and I think Swindon would go up even if he moved to Hillsborough, but Swindon play so differently than Megson's team I doubt he could get the results needed in 13 games. So we need a manager that get through a play off, Dave Jones must have some self doubt so big Mick for me.

None of these options are as good as retaining Megson, so I expect whoever comes in will be gone by the end of May and the uncertainty returns!!!

If Mandaric proves me wrong I will be as shocked as I was to hear that Gary was sacked!

Just when you think you've seen and heard it all this happen's.

Got to admit i'm gutted, as i really thought that a last someone was in charge who cared as much about the club as us.

Milan obviously did'nt trust Megson to get us into, and win the playoff's,but i still can't see what a new manager would be able to achieve

in such a short space of time,as not only would he have to gain the player's respect but also presumably get them playing in a different

style.

Whatever happen's it look's like Milan is intent on selling as soon as possible(who know's he might have a buyer lined up dependent on being in the Championship)

As a Wednesdayite there is never a dull moment,but to be fair i think we all wanted a bit of stability at the Club after every thing we've been through

All the best to Meggo "one of us"

Guest Oadby Owl

When at Leicester, Milan had a falling out with Nigel Pearson who subsequently left before being sacked, a new Manager- Paolo Sousa was then installed who was the favoured choice of the prospective buyers. Maybe there is a potential buyout in the pipeline for us and the new buyers don't like Meggo??

Guest frogowl

I usually read OT but have not yet commented.

I've registered purely to voice my anger and utter disbelief at the outrageous and shambolic sacking of a manager who has us on the brink of promotion.

For MM to say we stand a better chance of achieving promotion by breaking up the unity and current feeling of euphoria after sunday is surely a lie - he'd get more respect by admitting that he cannot work with GM anymore for whatever reason.

I support what GM has done for us but even I might have swallowed the sacking better if it had followed the dismal defeat at chest. tho it is still too late in the run in.

But to wait until now, after the high of sunday shows MM has no respect for fans feelings.

A disgrace.

I've no interest in voting for the new guy at the moment as I still feel shell shocked, but there's no one who has but an even chance of whipping up the drive we need to get there in the time remaining.

What a MASSIVE gamble he's taking.

Guest Big Guns

Can't believe how many 1 st timers have listened to the boss and posted

Must admit I thought no one would

It's shocking and just a bit depressing. I thought we'd passed the stage of revolving door managers. It's never been a successful strategy at any club.

A little bit of stability with a view to where we'd be in five years, not five games, is what I think Hillsborough's been crying out for. I hoped we'd got that with Megson, a genuine wednesdayite and passionate football man.

By the way when the sacking was announced tried to come on here to find something out but it had crashed. So thinking where else would I find a community of obsessives going over every detail and coming up with ten thousand reasons why and who I went over to the dark side.

Wasn't disappointed bladesmad had half a dozen threads discussing it and they were playing at Scunny at the time. Obsessed they are.

Gutted for Megson, but I think the writing as been on the wall for a bit, games have not been that pretty, throwing leads away, which some on here blamed Megson for, with his changes in trying to defend slender leads. Then losing four games on the spin.

Been watching the Owls since 77, so I have seen some crap over the time, but one thing will never change and that's like most on here I will still be a Wednesdayite along with my kids and wife, choose who takes over. We have got to get behind the new manager and give it one big effort to get out of this sodding league.

UTO FTB

Another First timer here. My opinion, for what it's worth....

I think it's pretty obvious to all that Megson's departure was a done deal a week or so ago. I suspect there was something of a clash of personalities between MM, PA and GM; Megsons regular thinly disguised 'snipes' (particularly about the lack of support in the transfer market) hinted at this over the last few months. When a breakdown like this occurs, there's only one winner. I'm sure MM expected us to lose on Sunday thereby making the announcement easier...as it was he waited until he had the 'cover' of an England game!!!

I was expecting this for a while, but no way do I think it's the right decision The whole club was on a high after the weekend and I could genuinely see us going on a winning run because of it....now I doubt that very much.

That said, i will support the new man...he is the manager of SWFC after all. For my money, DJ is probably the best option out there and i really don't understand those slating him already. But please God, not Lee Clarke....he has the most punchable face in football, behind Karl Robinson that is!!!

As I write, SSN reports DJ in 'advanced talks'............

Guest Sheffield_Wednesday

I thought we were going to Wembley with Megson, and then into the Championship and beyond.

I'm sure when *Insert* hired Gary, he said he's not just the man to get us out of this league, but also the man to take us where I belong.

On Sunday I witnessed passion and pride, I though we'd turned a corner.

I was spectacle over Gary's future and our objective before Sundays game, but I was ready for the play-offs as I don't think we're capable of the top two.

Gobsmacked. I had a feeling after seeing GM being interviewed after the derby - he knew it was too late to change anything.

MM owns the club, we all knew what he was like but it could all go horribly wrong.

I hope it all works out - and I believe GM does too (for the sake of SWFC).

He won't be out of management for long

Guest Richard60

Gutted that Megson gone and personally hope its Dave Jones but WHOEVER it is will get my 100% support .Surely the club is bigger than any individual.Thanks Gary and good luck in the future