I want to hear what new members/those who dont' post think...

Guest united we (can't) STAND

I've been a member on here for years, really i'm just a reader and do not post often, but since you ask.

Since the news it has reminded me of the Sturrock sacking, the outcry, the disgust. the heart felt emotion for the man. Some of the threads have brought up great polarised views on football from an emotional, entertainment and business reflective. The majority of what I've read is good honest beliefs in football and what that represents to the poster.

My view, I was shocked with the decision after Sunday and after what I saw. Looking at the overall picture of form and performance perhaps this decision had already been made. As for the future it's a "sliding door" situation we will never know how the path we have changed would have finished. As a fan I would rather give a manager a chance, some stability to the club and see if the building philosophy works for us, promotion this year or not. On saying that if we had lost to Rochdale on saturday with GM in charge would I have as much optimism for this?

At the end of it all MM owns the club and we would be stupid to believe he would treat the club any different to others he's owned. Again though as a Wednesdayite it feels like you have just got out of the pool with your shorts still floating in it!

Its a mistake at this stage of the season especially, Megson had down well without spending that much, something MM should have appreciated more if he wasnt going to give him the money!

Any new man, I hope it isnt Mccarthy or Jones, will not be under pressure to get promotion this season because they arent his players, I doubt the players will perform any better so play-offs and then its a lottery, so I think its League 1 footy again next season.

Guest no.1_owl

I disagree with most.

Admittedly this was a huge shock and at first I thought it was the wrong move.

However put things into perspective.

We have played horrendous as of late - we lost 4 games - NOT GOOD ENOUGH

If MK dons and Udders win we could be 5th - NOT GOOD ENOUGH

The style of football we have played hasnt been the best, yes its been effective but not attractive for paying fans.

If we had lost against pigs many people would have wanted megson out.

One win against utd doesnt change the above.

If you cross Mandaric what do you expect and this has clearly happened.

Sorry but I think this could be for the better of the club in the long run........subject to us getting the right manager.

I'd say I'm surprised rather than shocked. I expect it's true that Mandaric didn't take the decision lightly, but I think would have to be an absolute - and probably unlikely - masterstroke if he could replace Megson with a manager who's more likely to take us up. Recent results had made me feel that we would probably end up relying on the play-offs if we're to get promotion this year, so I can only assume that Milan feels he can replace Megson with someone who's nailed-on to make an instant impact. I also feel that Milan has probably underestimated how the fans feel about Megson. I'll be honest that I've never been a huge fan of Megson because of the way his teams have played in the past and because I'm not keen on managers with abrasive personalities because of the negative affect that can have in the changing room, but Megson's passion for the club and determination to succeed has changed my views this season. I wonder if those late goals conceded against Huddersfield, Walsall and Hartlepool have ended up being the most important factor in these events.

Megson deserved much better; but I can't help but feel that this decision was heavily motivated by back room politics and that alot of people would have a different opinion had we lost against the pigs (making it 5 losses on the bounce).

Megson definitely was not given the time he deserved (read: any time at all) to change this dip in form around before Mandaric's vultures were circling but I guess that's the trigger happy nature of Mandaric's managerial appointments; however gutting that may be.

I was not enthused when Megson was appointed but he has/had definitely won me round. I think it is a very strange decision and the timing could hardly be worse.

I can only imagine Milan has lined somebody up who he believes is a big step up from Megson and nobody on the bookies shortlist really fits the bill as far as I can see.

Very strange.

After sleeping on it, am not that surprised. The performances since Xmas have been disappointing and even some of the victories unconvincing.

However we cannot afford many more defeats if we have any hope of claiming 2nd spot, so whoever replaces Megson will have to have instant success. I still think a play off place is likely but I believe Megson could have delivered this also, time will tell.

Poor decision but Milan has the power to employ whom he wishes.

He has spent a good deal of money to ensure that I still have a club to support. When MM took over we knew his penchant for hiring and firing managers.

It is the timing that gets me, why wait until the season is 75% over. I feel that automatic promotion has gone but felt confident on GM's ability to steer us through play offs.

There has obviously been some falling out and if that is the case then there was always going to be only one winner.

Guest JAM89

I think it is a ridiculous decision, and the way it's been handled by Milan is disgraceful. It is obviously down to things behind the scenes and not on the pitch. I think Megson did a brilliant job of getting us to where we are now, and last night talking to mates I as calling Milan all the names under the sun. I don't think there is anyone who he can bring in now that ill have a big enough impact to get us playing any better.

BUT

Maybe it will all work out, maybe who ever takes the job gets us automatic, then this will have been genius. I will still stand by my comment that the way it's been done is very wrong but the decision itself is either going to work out very well or very badly.

What I don't agree with though is people saying they are done with Wednesday (the same people who will be calling Milan a legend again if we get promoted). At the end of the day it is happening so deal with it, I ill still be at every game, I will still back our team and I will back which ever manager is appointed regardless of what I think of him. Anyone who says they are going to stop going to matches now is not a proper fan IMO.

Guest lincsowl100

dont agree ...... with a good manager which gary was you need proper backing from the chairman which he didnt get depending on loans and free transfers wont cut it no matter how much people think we should be doing better fact is we have a few good players and the rest are average gary new that the fans need to realise you dont get good players for 2 bob sorry and yet again milan is going to pay for penny pinching once again this year

Guest OWLS8

Been a member for some time now but never had anything to say. Until now!

ABSOLUTELY FVCKIN GUTTED! WORDS FAIL ME.

Guest JamieTG100

Absolutly gutted about this Megson should been given at least until end of season if he dint get us promoted at end then fair enough but not with 13 games to go

his Replacement wont have a CV even close enough to megsons

but its Milans club we will just have to trust him on it even if we dont agree with it

need to sing Gary megson's barmy army on rochdale For Megson

With the benefit of hindsight I think it was always going to end this way. Megson left Mandaric looking silly at Leicester when he went off to Bolton after five minutes, and that would have always been a niggle at the back of MM's mind. When the relationship started to break down, as it inevitably would (disagreements over transfers etc.), MM was going to remember that.

It's an irrational decision, one which may well cost us promotion and which certainly doesn't help to protect MM's investment. I can't believe that a shrewd business man would act in this way unless there were other motivating factors.

I think Megson has done a fantastic job taking us from a dismal position to promotion contenders in 12 months, all on a modest budget. He has certainly exceeded my expectations and I honestly don't think any other manager (at least any who we could have realistically appointed) could have done anything more.

Our recent small dip in form was not ideal and may have cost us a chance at automatic promotion but it hardly constitutes a sackable offence. Ben Marshall was a key factor in the way we played and losing him was a big blow. I doubt we would have lost those 3 games with him in the side. Megson was clear from the offset that he was not keen on relying on loans but Mandaric was not prepared to back Megson to purchase the neccessary quality. So Megson was forced into using loans in order to bring in the required quality. In my eyes Mandaric thus has to take part of the blame.

In my eyes the sacking must be to do with a falling out between MM and Megson because taking an objective view about results, position, morale and the stage we are at in the season a sacking based on performance simply does not make sense. The player and fan behaviour at the Derby also clearly demonstarted how both fans and the squad were fully behind Megson. My assumption would be that MM complained about us falling out of the automatic places and Megson told him that he was not being provided with the neccessary resources to do the job.

I think its particualrly poor timing and somewhat bursts the bubble of popularity that has been surrounding MM since he came to the club. There has been a really positive vibe this season - its as though we were finally turning the corner and everyone was pulling in the right direction. This dents that feeling and brings back that uneasy feeling thats been surrounding the club for years.

MM has been portrayed as a bit of a hero up until now and given the situation we aere in when he invested its hardly surprising. But I think this decision really drives home that this is merely a business venture and he has no emotional attachment to Wednesday whatsoever. He's in it for what he can get out of it an nothing more. Don't get me wrong that's not an express criticism, I've never expected anything else but perhaps this marks the point where fans readjust their expectations of MM and see him in a more objective light.

Anyway if whoever ceomes in can get us up then all else will be forgotten. If not another post season of reshuffling will commence. If dave Jones gets th job then I think he is a decent manager but will the players Megson has brought in suit his style? Had Megson stayed we would be tweaking the side post season rather than a complete revamp. We are a couple of decent wingers and a striker short of a top 2 team playing Megsons way. But who knows what happens with a total shake up. After all its clear MM won't give anyone coming in time, so instant success is required which isn't easy when changing playing styles. Charlton have done it this year but its not the norm.

It's either Milans' biggest mistake or it's a stroke of genius. Whatever it is, it's taken some mighty balls to do it after a win against our biggest rivals.

I grew up supporting Wednesday and had the pleasure of watching Waddle do his magic down the wing and have always taken pride in the fact that Wednesday played some fantastic football. I was prepared to take the abuse, when Megson took over, from other fans about the way we play if it meant promotion to the Championship. I reckon Milan realised that the play off lottery is our only hope of promotion now and decided this is the right time to get rid.

If any good comes out of this I hope that the fans can look forward to some good entertaining football from a side what is capable of turning over teams like Charlton have managed, this team seems unable to.

Sad that Gary couldn't see his dream of taking the team to promotion but at least he had his day on Sunday.

UTO!

Initial reaction was of disbelief. Megson has brought so many positives to the Club and for the first time in a long while being a Wednesday was an enjoyable experience.

The togetherness that was so obvious to see on Sunday almost brought a tear to my eye. Players giving everything for us and that famous poo poo – it was amazing. GM has to take the credit for this.

He’s dyed in the wool Wednesday and you could never question his motives. He was just as passionate if not more so than the fans. Unfortunately this passion and commitment to the club was probably his downfall.

MM knew what he was getting in terms of style of football when Megson came in. It was always gong to be ‘functional’ shall we say. The thought being, that was acceptable if this meant promotion.

The fact is automatic promotion is looking unlikely now but I honestly believe GM was the best person to lead us in the playoffs. I just think he would have carried us over the line somehow.

I cannot for the life of me believe that a new man can come in and change things dramatically in a short space of time. We need one hell of a motivator to do that.

Of course, if we do go up, it may look like a master stroke from MM. The other side of the coin is ‘it was Megson’s Team.

The crux of the issue is that there has been a breakdown between MM, GM and PA. Probably around backing and funds available etc.

I like Milan and he’s done us a good turn taking over the club. However, for all the nice statement saying the right things at the right time etc he has one aim in mind, and that is to make money out of SWFC. This was obviously against Megson’s ‘Wednesday through and through’ mentality so it was just inevitable in the end.

I was genuinely upset last night when I heard. I think the Club owes a huge debt of gratitude to gary megson.

I found the timing of the 'sacking' beyond bizarre.

Milan has held a special place in the hearts of all Wednesdayites that I know and, if comments on here and other forums are to be believed, this seems to be a view shared by the vast majority of Wednesdayites.

Milan acknowledges that many fans will be upset by his decision and has asked that the supporters continue to have faith in him. He is clearly not stupid and must know that to get the fans back on board very quickly it is vital to 1) appoint a manager who will be generally be accepted by the fans, and 2) and perhaps more importantly, a new signing to excite the fans must follow the new manager into S6.

Disappointed as I am that gary megson has gone, I will keep the faith that Milan will come good and do what is necessary to get the fans back on board. I expect that to be sooner rather than later.

Finally to Gary my thanks for moving us forward and bringing real hope and expectation back to S6.