I want to hear what new members/those who dont' post think...

Guest sjroberts

Iv got mixed feelings, firstly I'm a relatively new member but on the couple of times I've started a post Iv had my low posts number questioned, I think by someone who automatically started on 8000 posts or whatever, all in all not very welcoming and to be fair has put me off posting since, making me think "whats the point if I dont have enough posts to make my point valid".

Anyway moan over,

I've got mixed feelings about the sacking, If you take away the derby win you can clearly see why but the timing is definateley wrong. I would have definateley stuck with things till the end of the season. Then again as someone who has just purchased a season ticket for next year, this sacking and MM's statement is saying that everything is being done to ensure im watching championship football with that ticket so I resigned to thinking:

His Money, He saved us. Lets Trust him. !!!

I'm pretty disgusted with Megson getting fired.

He:

• Was Wednesday through and through, loved the club
  • turned the team around from 15th to 3rd-fighting for promotion
  • was achieving a good position in the table despite lack of support
  • had full support of the fans
  • restored faith and brought hope back to the supporters
  • was committed to Wednesday and supposedly didn't care about the money
  • has good experience of promotion
  • was very good at spotting talent
  • gave the team a solid backbone and fighting spirit
  • was a great character
  • was popular with majority of our players
  • didnt mind given players a good kick up the arse when not performing

against the negatives:

• had a few bad results
  • played with a style of direct play/hoofball football (very debatable) some fans don't like
  • Can't really think of any more

I wasn't terribly impressed when he was signed but he definitely won me around and I have really been enjoying this season. I seems like such a ridiculously ludicrous decision. We know for a fact that with some support in January we would most likely be a lot closer if not in a automatic promotion spot. He didn't get that and instead of team investment, this money will go on paying up his contract. Couldn't believe it last night when my mate text me he had got the sack.

The only way MM can make up for this is if we get promotion this season, which I don't think we will (def not auto anyway). If MM was already decided on sacking GM a while ago, why didn't he do it when there were some better managers around a few weeks ago. The managers on available are pretty depressing in comparison with what we had but hopefully one of them (looks like Dave Jones) can prove me wrong. Just can't get my head around his thinking but it is almost definitely an issue to do with a clash rather than results. If this is so they should have both put their ego's aside for the good of the club. This is definitely not a decision made in the best interests of the club, no matter what MM say's in his statements.

Anyway as you can tell I am not too happy with his dismissal and have lost a lot of faith in Milan. Hopefully it will turn out well and we will still have promotion this season. So much for some stability.

Don't know why but I'm always reading Owlstalk, pretty much everyday but I hardly ever comment. I guess I'm just a bit lazy and just prefer to have a read. Can't even be arsed to update my profile pic.......meh, i'll get round to it one day.

Total Lunacy !

Megson should have been given time. For me this is the 3rd sacking this season (Clark and Warnock the other 2) where clubs/Chairmen have acted too quickly, three men that have taken their respective clubs forward and at the time of their dismissals had their clubs in better positions than when they took the jobs on.

BUT.....

Milan's the man now, he's the man who picked Wednesday up off their arse's. Wednesday are his to do as he pleases and considering what a shambles we were a couple of years ago who's to say it's the wrong decision ?

We all have our opinions and preferences as to who we want or who will get the job (Mick McCarthy for me, and deffo NOT Dave Jones) but lets just see what happens and if things go boobies up, apportion blame at the relevant time and to the relevant people.

To hear people talk, ALL the candidates are no hopers, under acheivers...etc...etc

Time will only tell !

UTO FTB

Guest mansfieldowl

to quote david essex: "i feel that gary megson was tactically very one dimensional, having said that, hes one hell of a bloke and wednesday through and through"

david essex.

I have been reading Owlstalk for a couple of years now, i thought that this would be as good a time as any to post...

The writing has been on the wall for months, MM and GM have been at logger heads for months. Fans have heard whispers, from PA/MM not getting GM's preferred summer targets to the recent 'no offer' to James O'Connor. Add this to Klasnic plus other strange decisions, i really wasn't sure how long it would last. I also firmly believe that Bostock was a MM decision, this was before he had kicked a ball in the blue and white, not after he was left out of numerous match day squads.

I am hurting right now, like many a fan. I dont agree with it and my enthusiasm has been washed, i can not think of one realistic target that will excite me. However, football is a business and when the owner and manager of a business have got to breaking point, there is only one way this was going to go.

The most disapointing aspect of this process is that MM has clearly gone behind the manager's back in talking to Dave Jones and Lee Clark. My trust for this man has dwindelled.

My last point would be that there are numerous players at this club (Chris O'Grady being a fine example) that are Megson players and i do not forsee how they will fit in with Dave Jones' plans....

UTO

Guest zicozico

Gutted for megson,and i think most of the players and fans will be.

I'd say 90% on here think its a wrong decision,but i'd bet it would have been a lot less if we'd have lost against the blunts!!!

But I don't see how changing the manager with 13 games left is going to make a difference.does milan think we are going to change into brazil over night and hammer everyone insight with the same players??

Even if we won every game we still might not get into 2nd spot.

Think milan had a 2 year plan to get us in the championship and sell us for a profit.

With our recent wobble he has panicked and sacked megson,bringing a new man in for a last throw of the dice.

Hope you prove us right milan!

UTO

Guest lincsowl100

after 15 years of being a owl with not much to shout about twists and turns of last year it seamed we had turned the corner got milan in stabiltiy cash wise and gary in manager who rearly loves the club i,m shocked with whats happened seam we have taken a MASSIVE step back i,m affraid ,

i dont think it,s gary fault milan had two choices the way i see it ,, one spend and atleast match the wage budget of our rivals in the league so we could compete lets face it free transfers only get you so far . or two be patient slowly build which gary was and would off got us there big improvement already from last season ... but i,m afraid he,s done neighter and what a time to be sacked,, what was wrong with january atleast a manager would of had a chance to tweak if needed but it seams milan is stopping is feet ,, i wont promotion no matter what but aint willing to give whats needed trying to save a few bob well look what happened last year didnt get promotion and it cost him big thought he would of learned from that , now a new manager as got to come in we all hope he hit,s the ground running or the season is over , new manager new style perhaps?? if not what was the point ??? and if new way that means new players needed which carnt do that untill end of season anyway so why sack gary now atleast we had a good good chance of play offs at the mo .. sorry for spelling guys

Guest wobbit

Totally shocked. Considering the amount of money Megson hasn't spent. Terrible decision in my opinion as we're lying 3rd in the league and surely this is just going to destabilise the team!

This seems to quite clearly be a personal problem between Megson and he who shall now be known as Moronovic.

Seems like a crazy decision to me - I can only think its more to do with personal issues rather than the football. I don't see how any new man would have a better chance of getting us promoted and if we do end up in the play-offs as seems likely then I can't think of anyone better to lead us through them than Megson.

The new appointment really needs to be someone special to justify this move but by the sounds of the names mentioned i doubt that'll be the case.

Jones. Ince, Clarke? No thanks. The only one I could possibly see having an immediate impact would be Mick McCarthy and thats just because I think he could fit in the most seamlessly. We just dont have time for a new guy to try changing anything as every result is vital now.

On top of all this, Milan must have known he would get this reaction, he's basically wiped away all the goodwill he's built up over the last year with Wednesdayites.

I'm just sick of us chopping and changing, I've been a season ticket holder for 26 years and I can't even be bothered to work out how many managers we've had in that time but I know its too bloody many!

Baffled to be honest.

I am gutted that Megson has been sacked, I think we were all amazed when Lee Clarke got the boot from HTFC but for being 4th in the league but last nights announcement baffles me completely!

I just hope the players respond positively for the new manager (Lee Clarke?) otherwise they may just aim for 7th place as a thank you gift to MM

Guest lincsowl100

i totaly agree mick is the only one even though i would rearly miss gary even my misses started to travel up to the games because of gary she liked is passion and what he shouted during the game lol

Guest wardieowl

Megson WAS the man.

Appaling decision to sack him, I go home every week and away most. I can honestly say that when it was announced a part of me immediatly stopped caring as much as before. I still feel sick about it all now and im not sure I can build up any enthusiasm from here. I have renewed my season ticket and things may get better but im not convinced.

Regardless of 'recent' results, overall we ARE the 3rd best side in the league, that is fact. How can you possibly get sacked being 3rd out of 24 teams with games remaining, we could have lost sunday and it would still have been a bad decision. I think this was personal, he must have known he was going on Sunday, in the interview I seem to remember him mentioning 'nobody promised automatic promotion' and 'he would go elsewhere and make someone else succesful', when you listen to that post match interview again now, you can tell he was signing off to the fans with it...