Sign in to follow this  
@owlstalk

Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager - VOTE HERE

Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager?  

652 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mick McCarthy - Proven track record out of the Premier League but MUST be a long term appointment !!

Dave Jones ???

Please god, NO !! No !! No !!

Message to Milan.

When this vote closes, look at the manager with the least votes and give him a 3 year deal. You obviously dont care about what the fans want anyway

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

From that list think I'd pick McCarthy, but he's no better than Megson and I don't see why he'd want to drop to league 1 as he should have no problem getting a championship job.

• Disagree 1

No Redknapp on the list?

I think she's busy recording a new album :biggrin:

McCarthy has done good jobs at Sunderland and Wolves and was also an international manager so he has the best CV for the job really.

But whether he could be arsed with L1 remains to be seen. You dont build your career up to Prem level and then take two steps back usually. Plus, as a Yorkshireman, like Megson he will understand the fan base.

He would be my choice but its clearly Ince or Jones.

• Disagree 1

With limited games left and promotion and apparent necessity, we need someone who can have an instant impact, who can lift the whole club.

That man IMO is Paolo Di Canio (or Kevin Keegan).

• Agree 1

Would say mandaric has something up his sleeve

be prepared to be shocked!

• Agree 1

Will people stop saying Clark. He’s done nowt. He’s a ‘young’ manager yes, but so was Jewell, Wilson, Turner etc

This.

But, to be fair at least Wilson & Jewelled had got Barnsley/Bradford promoted, Clark couldn't even manage one promotion @ huddersfield!

• Agree 1

So the most popular choices are all managers who have managed to balls up the play-offs, (some on more than one occasion). Oh good, looking forward to see how this all plays out.

None of the above, they have neither the pedigree nor the track record. This really is a MASSIVE job and it needs someone who haas done a similar role before.

Personally I would go for Chris Hughton. He's proved he can handle a big club (and a poisoned chalice) at Newcastle. No reason why he couldn't do a similar job for us.

Having said that I wish we still had GM.

• Agree 1

I don't understand the attraction with appointing Lee Clark. He's been sacked by a team below us in the league ffs - if they don't think he's good enough to get promotion why should we?!

• Agree 1

None of the above, they have neither the pedigree nor the track record. This really is a MASSIVE job and it needs someone who haas done a similar role before.

Personally I would go for Chris Hughton. He's proved he can handle a big club (and a poisoned chalice) at Newcastle. No reason why he couldn't do a similar job for us.

Having said that I wish we still had GM.

Are you living on another planet or something? He has got Birmingham fighting at the sharp end of the Championship.

• Agree 1

Sheffield-Wednesday-v-Charlton-Milan-Mandaric.jpg

Now us Charlton Fans know why he has stayed up North after the Chesterfield match. :st2:

post-22508-0-90339000-1330595071_thumb.j

• Disagree 2