Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager - VOTE HERE

Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager?  

652 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for next Sheffield Wednesday manager and why

• Paul Ince
    • Dave Jones
    • Lee Clark
    • Sean O'Driscoll
    • Paolo DiCanio
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Nigel Worthington
    • Billy Davies
    • Gordon Strachan
    • Dan Petrescu
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Glenn Hoddle
    • Steve Bruce

Evening all,

I posted a comment yesterday regarding the above picture quoting a very short passage from the book Huckleberry Fin. Unfortunately I did not use qutation marks and understandably, free standing, it has been construed as racist by at least one complainant.

This was not my intention and I appologise unreservedly.

Regards Nev

I read at least three.

Guest ronowldo

Lee Clarke is a joke. Mid table team without Rhodes. Should've gave Megson till end of season at least. Sunday would've got the losing streak out of us. Sacking Megson utter stupidity this stage of season. Dave Jones only one of the bunch I'd settle for. Don't even go down the Lee Clarke dead loss avenue.

Guest UncoveredKop

I vote for Sean O'Driscoll - he's a proven up and coming manager, plays an attractive brand of football, he knows League 1 after getting Donny promoted, and he is still ambitious and has a career to forge. I really don't think one of the 'yesterday's men' would really cut it, such as Keegan, so it's Sean 'OD for my vote.

I posted a comment yesterday regarding the above picture quoting a very short passage from the book Huckleberry Fin. Unfortunately I did not use qutation marks and understandably, free standing, it has been construed as racist by at

Seriously? Not sure what's more offensive, your original comment or this supposed explanation/apology.

Guest londonowl1

so we offer the job to Jones if he says no...we offer it to idiot head davies.....if he says no we panic and get Ince

my choice would be SOD, he had Donny playing some great football, and I honestly think we have the right players to do it. We have a solid defence as a base so why not give him a go :cool:

He's done **** all since though Swampy! No one will touch him at the moment and I fear he would never take us up.

Billy Davis for me. Done a very good job wherever he's been. A very underrated manager.

He's not underrated in his own head.

Remember when we sacked Trev (an owl legend at the time)? The one person who frightened me most as a potential replacement was David Pleat. We got him. He was as much an arse as I expected and we were taken down the path on which we currently try desperately to get off.

Well, Billy Davies is the modern David Pleat. King Midas in reverse. I pray that D Jones accepts, as the press down here in Notts are sure that BD is next on the target list.

Personally I would love Keegan, but my head says he's been out for too long now.

There are quite a few good names on the list and I picked McCarthy as hes been there and done it with a team like wolves, when being honest, no one thought he would.

I like Davis's style, but he's a nearly man, often just failing at the last hurdle as has Jones. I wouldn't be against either of these as I like the football they play, but I think it time for someone who has done it and kept a team up after doing it.

The last thing I want though is for any ex scum boys to get it. I detest Keane more than probably anybody else on earth and pray to god it isn't him.

I voted McCarthy. I think hes the only one out of that list who could get us promoted with what weve got.

Oreyt bringing someone in to play tippy tappy football, passing football, what ever you wanna call it. But you can only work with what youve got and I think our style is more suited to direct.

Saying that I really cant understand the timeing of whats happened. Surely wait til end of season.

Whoever comes in, its not their fault whats happened and they need our support to try and get us there this season so il be there Saturday cheering the lads on.

UTO