The most depressing thing of all..

The most depressing thing of all is reading the rubbish spewing out the fingers and mouths of our fans this morning.

It's like some kind of competition to prove who was most hurt last night.

Milan needs to go! I'll never trust him again! I was in tears at the news! No man is bigger than the club Milan! Aldridge did it!

I'd start a new thread but it'd get lost in tge outpouring of grief. Has anyone been to lay a wreath yet? That's clearly the next step.

Here's a question, name me 5 excellent footballing performances in the past year. Not results, but brilliant free flowing entertainment.

Do the same for Irvine.

What's the difference? The fans liked Megson becaue he was one of us, but it was dire to watch. Some fans even swept over it by referring to it as direct football! We've bought a team of 6 foot plus players and knock.it long into the box. That's our main outlet.

Now hopefully the new man can bring in success and something enjoyable to watch. I can't wait.

Cant remember anybody drooling over the football Jones plays?

On reflection, I think the worst thing about last nights fiasco is that we are no longer able to pretend that football is anything other than the soulless money pit that it has become. There was a real buzz about the club with Megson here almost regardless of results - we were all able to pretend that fans, manager, players, chairman etc were all on the same page and working together to build something special and make this club a success. Turns out (and it was obvious in hindsight) that we aren't on the same page at all.

Just like the Premiership and the England national team, its all about money and the fans are irrelevant even at this level. Manderic owns the club 100% and can do what he wants - everything that comes out of his mouth now seems calculated to get the fans off his back and give him an easy life while he does just that.As a fan himself, GM was clearly getting annoyed with the constant over-promising and under-delivery and due to his own personality 'foibles' was never going to be able to keep quiet and just do what he's told.

Having your illusions shattered is painful -whatever happens next I don't think there are going to be any more manderic flags on the kop and fans chanting his name. I think he's going to have a harder time getting people to believe a word he says in future.

I'd say the sooner he sells up the better - but the problem is - sells up to who? Some shady oligarch looking for a place to launder their money? A foreign consortium who want to diversify their portfolio? Is that really all there is? It's too depressing for words....

Good post..

Personally I think it was probably Megsons mouth getting the best of him, maybe not getting what he was promised...

Maybe he'll regret it.

If we genuinely have the 4th highest wage bill in the division, surely Megson has done what could reasonably be expected of him given that we are currently fluctuating between 3rd-5th in the league?

Absolutely - he's done what should be demanded of any manager

Not a sacking offence but neither has he done a great job

Par for the course

Just look at the list being touted do you really think Jones or Ince would do a better job... here we go again... around and around....

Think about the successful teams they simply rode through the bad spells...

Both Fergson and Wenger wouldnt be there if this approach had been taken...

How can anyone say a few bad results should result in a sacking when we are THIRD....

Whichever way you look at this it is a RIDICULOUS decision..sorry but it is....

Agree with you 100% John.

Guest britmod_owl

The thing that I wonder most is if we go up, is that well done mandaric or would we have gone up in anyway? Likewise if we don't get promotion is that mandaric fault, did everyone think megson would get us promoted?

Also would a different manager have got us doing better than what we have this season, compared to when megson arrived and players hated Hillsborough I think turning that around has been great. I think considering how high we are though we haven't played that well in many games. Unfortunately for megson not playing well in games has cost us in the early away games and now the more recent home games too.

My honest opinion is I don't think we would get second with megson or someone else. Playoffs is then down to a bit of luck.

the most depressing thing is that we will be in league one again next season

the second most depressing thing is that the so called 'saviour' of our club doesnt care about the fans, he only cares about his wallet

the passion and the team spirit that the team showed on sunday has been ripped out

jones will bottle it in the playoffs, like he ALWAYS does

Guest Triplej2

My issue with it all is Manadaric obviously knew all about Megson's style, if not he knows f*ck all about football which I doubt very much, he then gives him probably the 4th biggest budget in the division, we're in 3rd position after having a poor streak like most other clubs have and he deems it unacceptable!

I don't really get it. bringing Antonio in, beating united, everything looked right for a surge up the league and then this!

it's also worth pointing out that in that horrible little spell of throwing points away very late on you can put the blame pretty much 100% on the players and NOT Megson. Even the first half against Chezzy was quality except for finishing, well how can you blame Megson for that?? Not to mention losing Marshall in the circumstances we did.

I'm gutted for the guy, I really am. My faith in football has been hit hard right now.

The last 16 hours on here illustrate exactly what i'm talking about. Before we were all confident that we were pulling in the same direction; we had a manager and chairman that all wanted the same as we did. A core of players who were willing to get their heads down and work hard for the club. After all thats come before, we had our club back and although we were going through a rocky patch of form, we would get through it together and it seemed only a matter of time before we manage to get at least into the Championsip if not further. Megson was a big part of that.

Now its like the bad old days again. Different factions of fans are fighting with each other; we can't trust those in control of the club to have the same agenda we do. Promotion seems miles away; no one knows whats going to happen next. Thought we'd done being a laughing stock.

It's not rubbish it's emotional reaction after what we have been through overvthe last few years, our near disaster of being wound up, our poor performance under Irvine, our revival under Megson and our position, grinding out results and getting into third, pretty football didnlt seem to matter just the fact that we seemed to be turining the corner and with our own chap as manager maybe a chance of building a future, then the win on sunday... the elation... then yesterday ... come on .. you must see this... What next, we lose the next few games while the new manager flails around trying to mould these players into his style, we miss out on promotion... we clear out players again, the manager tries to build a new side in the summer with no money.. we fail again next season, the manager gets sacked at Christmas... is that it really is that what you want... I for one wanted stability... a run of a couple of seasons at least with a manager with passion, even if we didn't get promoted this season we were looking otbe building a foundation.. if you enjoy the merry go round of managers then so be it... BIUT we all know from experience that it doesn't work!! POST OF THE YEAR... I don't think so... and I think most others would agree with me.

Totally agree.