YOUR MESSAGES TO GARY MEGSON

Guest BSanderson

I've been on nights, so this is my first post on here since the news.

I am genuinely, absolutely gutted. Not just because it's a totally unjust, undeserved and unecessary dismissal. Not just because of the phenomenal amount of progress Megson made during his brief spell here. But because of the atmosphere, togetherness and genuine mutual respect he created between management, players and fans.

It was that togetherness, that genuine respect that has dragged me back to Hillsborough for every game this season. It was that, which gave me back the Wednesday bug. I hadn't felt such positivity and love for the club before. It doesn't matter who comes in, no one, will be able to have that effect.

To say I'm disgusted with the whole episode is an understatement. Up til this point, I've backed Milan Mandaric to the hilt,but this is unforgivable. What Mandaric has done, isn't just sack a manager. He's stabbed one of our own in the back, and without any dignity, tact and morals. I will forever be thankful for Mandaric for saving our club, but this isn't a play-thing, this is a community which was finally, after years of destruction, back together as one. Pulling in the right direction. And have a guess who the catalyst for that change was? Not you Mr. Mandaric, but the brilliant man who've just tossed to one side for no obvious reason whatsoever.

Thank you gary megson for giving me that feeling back, that, at times, I never thought I would. Thank you for assembling a squad (playing and non-playing) we can all be proud of. And thank you for giving me some of the proudest moments I've had been a Wednesday fan. The ONLY positive to come out of this situation, is gary megson can walk away from the club with his head held high. His reputation is still intact (infact probably boosted), and he still has a tremendous rapport and respect for the Wednesday fans. But most of all, I'm pleased for him, that his final moment as Wednesday manager was with him stood on the Hillsborough turf with 30,000+ Wednesday fans chanting his name, ten minutes after the final whistle. That goes down as one of the most emotional moments I've had as a Wednesday fan.

Thank you Gary...your work will NEVER be forgotten.

Fantastic statement.

Describes exactly how I am feeling.

Guest Cheltenham Owl

I was at Malin Bridge school with gary megson and remember him well, he was in the year below me. I think it was obvious he would become a professional footballer even then. I remember his father Don, coming to the school and signing autographs in the yard, maybe sometime around the 1966 Cup Final. One thing is for sure, this guy is Wednesday through and through. I'm gutted for him, absolutely gutted, I thought he would be the guy to lead us back to the promised land and follow in the footsteps of Big Jack and Wilko.

I genuinely hope he makes a success of another club and shows Milan that he has made a mistake.

Guest davylowe

What everyone else says plus

Just get out there to a premiership club

And take them to the top Your better than this

Legend

Will never forget our special one

All the best mate.

I've been on nights, so this is my first post on here since the news.

I am genuinely, absolutely gutted. Not just because it's a totally unjust, undeserved and unecessary dismissal. Not just because of the phenomenal amount of progress Megson made during his brief spell here. But because of the atmosphere, togetherness and genuine mutual respect he created between management, players and fans.

It was that togetherness, that genuine respect that has dragged me back to Hillsborough for every game this season. It was that, which gave me back the Wednesday bug. I hadn't felt such positivity and love for the club before. It doesn't matter who comes in, no one, will be able to have that effect.

To say I'm disgusted with the whole episode is an understatement. Up til this point, I've backed Milan Mandaric to the hilt,but this is unforgivable. What Mandaric has done, isn't just sack a manager. He's stabbed one of our own in the back, and without any dignity, tact and morals. I will forever be thankful for Mandaric for saving our club, but this isn't a play-thing, this is a community which was finally, after years of destruction, back together as one. Pulling in the right direction. And have a guess who the catalyst for that change was? Not you Mr. Mandaric, but the brilliant man who've just tossed to one side for no obvious reason whatsoever.

Thank you gary megson for giving me that feeling back, that, at times, I never thought I would. Thank you for assembling a squad (playing and non-playing) we can all be proud of. And thank you for giving me some of the proudest moments I've had been a Wednesday fan. The ONLY positive to come out of this situation, is gary megson can walk away from the club with his head held high. His reputation is still intact (infact probably boosted), and he still has a tremendous rapport and respect for the Wednesday fans. But most of all, I'm pleased for him, that his final moment as Wednesday manager was with him stood on the Hillsborough turf with 30,000+ Wednesday fans chanting his name, ten minutes after the final whistle. That goes down as one of the most emotional moments I've had as a Wednesday fan.

Thank you Gary...your work will NEVER be forgotten.

47%20Hit%20The%20Nail%20On%20The%20Head.jpg

For the 1st time In years you made me remember why I was a Wednesdayite, I had lost some of that love in the last 12 years or so despite a few highs reminding me of my love for the owls such as the play offs and a handful of victories, these were only fleeting, and I became a part timer, it wasn't just us being crap,inept and spineless for the most part, it was a general sense that what was had faded and supporting SWFC was not the honor, the pleasure and the buzz it once was, It felt like just we the fans were the last ones remaining who cared and we were as a team/club just their to add to the numbers of the league ..Insignificant if you like.

Then this season, ok its not always been great football, some shocking results but and its a MASSIVE but, for the first time in a long long time we had passion, belief, and pride, we had someone at the helm who cared as much as we do, who bled blue and white like we do, going back to Hillsborough once again started to feel like it used to, their was a bit of a buzz about the place, culminating in sunday and one of the best days at Hillsborough I can remember in my lifetime.

Its nothing to do with your managerial skills, man management or whatever footy talk, its simply because you are a Wednesdayite that you did what you did, Its also because of this I think so many people are disgusted at your treatment and feel you have been stabbed in the back, if you were not a 100% owl I doubt there would be half the sh1tstorm created and I think Millan has made a big mistake underestimating our brotherhood and loyality, Look back at sunday, Megson created that buzz not you millan, whatever happen from here on in (and believe me it best be good MM) Megson will have either started the revolution or been denied that chance.

Thanks Gary, be proud my fellow owl be very proud

WTWD

I couldn't put this better myself!! I really look forward to the day when Megson is back in charge of Sheffield Wednesday! The reception he will receive will be immense! UTO FTB WTID!

Guest JamieTG100

good luck wherever you go next megson 1 of best mangaers there have ever been at S6

brought the feelgood factor back to Hillsborough

Megson's barmy Army

my missus has known two wednesday managers in her time with me.

one was alan irvine.

the other was you.

she knows nowt about football, but she could tell you knew exactly what needed to be done, and got on with it. it's a shame others with allegedly more of a footballing brain couldn't see the same.

best of luck. come back to hillsborough any time you like. you'll be welcomed on the terraces with open arms.

The wrong decision in my opinion.

Thanks for your energy and passion Gary, you have achieved an immense amount in a relatively short time with insufficient resources. I hope your good work doesn't go to waste.

Good luck for whatever you do in the future.

Guest greggo1867

Gutted to see you go Gary, you understand this club like no manager I've ever known, and are a true professional, I really feel you deserved better. Good luck in the future Ginger Mourinho, perhaps your time will come again. WAWAW.

Megson has made me proud to be an owl again. My team are no longer full of pathetic *******, they are a team of battlers and fighters. U made me proud sunday and the smile that I had after the game only left last night once I had heard u had gone. Never thought i would get attatched to a manager as we have seen so many come and go. I will be singing ur name at dale on saturday. U will be back. Uto

Guest christheowl

Thanks to you, even all the glory Man u, liverpool and chelski fans no how MASSIVE we are ! well done on winding the pigs up and stuffing them 1-0.

Thanks Gary, as an 18 year old this has been my best ever season watching wednesday, because this season we've had someone at the helm who actually cares about the club.

You're one of us and will always be welcome at s6.

ONE gary megson - Wednesday Legend- lol

Thanks for the derby win, keeping us up last season, and laying some good foundations this year. You've done a good job but unfortunately in recent weeks (3 wins in 11) the results haven't been good enough and I think we have become a bit predictable.

All the best for the future, I understand you will be hurting and devestated but please please please don't take your club to court for unfair dismissal. It's the fans and the club who will lose out and not Milan Mandaric.

Good luck for the future and Up the Owls!