YOUR MESSAGES TO GARY MEGSON

Guest BSanderson

Really gutted. Thought we turned the corner at last. You got a fit, motivated team together with proper loyalty and an appreciation of Owls values, and got the supporters buzzing. This has to be the toughest third division ever, and the loan players coming down from the Premier have meant there is a lot of quality. All that with b. all in spend. I guess given his age Milan wants out soonest, and I just hope and pray you will be given another chance when he does.

Anyway - a hell of a way to go out with that win on Sunday!

I know Milan saved us - I had hoped the experience might have changed him seeing the potential last Sunday. Sadly, its all in the money...

I guess you won't be short of a bob or two in the circumstances - buy a season ticket and join the fans! And join in the chanting - I think we can see what's coming there! UTO

Sunday for me wasnt just about beating the Blades, it was about taking the first step towards catching and overtaking them. And I fully expected you to do that over the remaining games of the season.

You've been a great servant to this club both as player and manager and all I can do is wish you all the best for what ever the future holds for you.

You can hold your head up high, managing Wednesday was never going to be an easy ride, but we are in a much better place now than when you took over.

You'll always be one of us.

Best wishes, Simon

I honestly dont think you were given a chance to fully succeed ......scratting around for players wasn't I think what you expected, you did the best you could with the poo hand you were dealt.

I think I can speak for the majority when I say you depart with our blessing.

Good luck for the future, Gary.....all the best.

flip em Gary come and have a few days on the road with the MASSIVE you'll be most welcome mate, we love you !

We have had to endure some scum down here but it's never been more than a passing phase, we will endure and hope to see you back sooner rather than later.

A big thank you and hope you are successfull in everything you do, including sueing that pair of lobbers.

Thanks Meggo, well done in your time here as manager. i was 100% behind you all the way.

you went out in a blaze of glory three sides of the ground singing your name. we are better now than before you came in.

all the best for the future.

Gary i hope you read all these comments, you really were held in high regards by the fans, not only for Sunday but for the whole of this season.

Im absolutely gutted you been pushed out.

I always thought you would get us up this season.

You would be welcome back anytime as a fan or a manager.

You can hold your head high gary megson, your my boy. All the best!

lol

Good Luck Gary...... you've worked wonders with the side to get us where we are at the moment. I dont understand this decision but thanks for all you've done.

We knew how proud you were of the team on Sunday........ you showed real passion for the game and the club.

What more does a fan want????

You'll be missed!!!!

This doesn't feel like just another manager being given the boot from Hillsborough. It's genuine disappointment and sadness ripping through the backbone of SWFC. My dad (NOT one for sentiment) called me last night when he heard the news and we spent ten minutes not really saying much trying to make sense of it.

Hopefully you'll be back in the future when Mandaric has sold us on. We're not blind to what goes on behind closed doors, and the majority of us understand what's going on. Good luck Gaz. One of us. UTO.

I've been on nights, so this is my first post on here since the news.

I am genuinely, absolutely gutted. Not just because it's a totally unjust, undeserved and unecessary dismissal. Not just because of the phenomenal amount of progress Megson made during his brief spell here. But because of the atmosphere, togetherness and genuine mutual respect he created between management, players and fans.

It was that togetherness, that genuine respect that has dragged me back to Hillsborough for every game this season. It was that, which gave me back the Wednesday bug. I hadn't felt such positivity and love for the club before. It doesn't matter who comes in, no one, will be able to have that effect.

To say I'm disgusted with the whole episode is an understatement. Up til this point, I've backed Milan Mandaric to the hilt,but this is unforgivable. What Mandaric has done, isn't just sack a manager. He's stabbed one of our own in the back, and without any dignity, tact and morals. I will forever be thankful for Mandaric for saving our club, but this isn't a play-thing, this is a community which was finally, after years of destruction, back together as one. Pulling in the right direction. And have a guess who the catalyst for that change was? Not you Mr. Mandaric, but the brilliant man who've just tossed to one side for no obvious reason whatsoever.

Thank you gary megson for giving me that feeling back, that, at times, I never thought I would. Thank you for assembling a squad (playing and non-playing) we can all be proud of. And thank you for giving me some of the proudest moments I've had been a Wednesday fan. The ONLY positive to come out of this situation, is gary megson can walk away from the club with his head held high. His reputation is still intact (infact probably boosted), and he still has a tremendous rapport and respect for the Wednesday fans. But most of all, I'm pleased for him, that his final moment as Wednesday manager was with him stood on the Hillsborough turf with 30,000+ Wednesday fans chanting his name, ten minutes after the final whistle. That goes down as one of the most emotional moments I've had as a Wednesday fan.

Thank you Gary...your work will NEVER be forgotten.

Gary, I still cannot believe this has happenned. You have restored a real pride amongst the fan base and the squad. I would have loved to see you (a Wednesdayite) take us back to the Prem, but apparently that's not going to happen now. For what it's worth Gary thank you from one Owl a long way away in Australia.