Sign in to follow this  
Jowl

MILAN OUT

Gonna be some people feeling pretty stupid in the morning

Is that how you feel every morning?

• Disagree 1

No Mandaric = No Club = No Megson In 1st Place

Stupid if you say Milan out?

Hasn't spent loads of transfers and people complain? Yet before him we couldn't pay for anyone?

Mandaric joined us and splashed the cash £250,000 on Michael Morrison, £250,000 on Reda Johnson, £100,000 on Marc Reynolds and £450,000 on Gary Madine in that first January transfer window, thats around £950,000

Then under Megson he's got rid of numerous players he didn't want when most would have been told to make do, and then signed Chris Lines for £50,000, Ryan Lowe for £100,000, Chris O'Grady for £350,000 and Mike Jones for £75,000

How many of these players would we have had if it wasn't for Milan? Along with numerous loans Megson signed.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Rubbish. How much did Madine cost by the way? How much do you reckon Semedo and Bennett are on? How much is O'Grady on baring in mind we offered more wages than a championship team did? How many loan players have we brought in from premiership or championship clubs? Milan has spent plenty of money on a league one team. Why would you spend loads on league 1 players only to have to move them on when you get to the championship.

Well, ignoring Madine and concetrating only on Megson's time incharge:

MM said he would back Megson. We all know that Megson wanted Mellor + Le Fondre (amongst others) in the summer. We missed out on Le Fondre because of 50k - much less than we spent on Ryan Lowe to fill that void, with a far inferior outcome. Then there's Mellor - rumour is that he wanted 1k more per week than we would offer. I wonder what the combined wages of Uchechi and Kasnik were? How many other "first choices" did we miss and then spend more filling the voids?

If MM had done what he said he would- back Megson - we'd be up there with Charlton. Instead, we are third, punching well above out weight given the investment we've made this season. Megson was doing great, and is one of us.

• Disagree 1

WTF is this Milan saved us NO he did not he saw a way to make some more money and went with it. Do you really think he gives a flip about Sheffield Wednesday as a club. He only wants to make Money. He's a businessman.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I find it ironic that some people spewing bile at Mandaric had "In Milan we trust" avatars until tonight... What happened to putting your trust in the man who gave us our football club back? It's not like it was the 12th big decision you thought he'd got wrong... it's the FIRST! Nor were we stick-ons for promotion! We were on the slide, Sunday apart. Megson, tactically, has come up short, and I don't believe for a second we'd have won the play-offs with him. I'm all for a change, even if the timing is questionable.... In Milan we trust, after all.

• Agree 1

What is it about Owlstalk bringing the stupidity out in people. This thread is embarrassing. I'd rather not exist as a club too.. Dear oh dear.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Mandaric has made a huge mistake. I also dont buy into this "he saved the club crap" he isnt bigger than the club

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Milan Manderic may have saved our club (and I thank him for it).....but we all know he did it to make a profit in the short/long term. People are deluded if they think there wasn't anyone else out there to buy us... someone would have saved us eventually, cos in a business sense, we could be very profitable. Milan Mandaric didn't come to Wednesday to save us, he did it to make money. gary megson came here to save us. He would not have gone to any one else at this level.

Milan's integrity has taken a battering of late, and his actions yesterday have proven he isn't about the long term good of SWFC, he want's a quick fix, so he can sell. Megson would have stayed with us until our goals were achieved, and to us Owls that's premiership football. Milan would have gone as soon as someone with £40 mil came in, regardless of who he was leaving us with, or where we were.

• Disagree 2

Too true Look at all the other clubs he has taken over Only in it for the money

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Stupid thread.

Why don't we just bring back DA and his mob?

He lies.

I'd be extremely suprised if he has Infact spent £20m on the club.

This decision wasnt the best for Sheffield Wednesday it was the best for Milan.

Stupid post

End of the day its Milans money being spent and if he feels he want to change manager rightly or wrong i still back Milan 100%

If we are promoted come end of the season i don't think it really matters what has just happened to Megson.

I think Megson has done a great job and i wouldn't have sacked him.

But I'm more thankful to have Milan save our club and not be in a league lower or worse still not exist as a football club

In Milan i trust!

Edited by Thai_Owl

amazes me that everyone who says mandaric is only in it to make money gets negged........why? it as flipping obvious as the nose on his face thats why he's here.

I once saw one of my colleagues refuse quite a big promotion. There were rumours that a different department was going to be closed down and the team there made redundant. He said "Let [name] have the promotion - that way his job is safe. If I'm meant to get there, I will. Just not this time" Success followed him, and he became head of company strategy (far, far higher than the promotion he origionally turned down)

What I'm trying to say here is: If I were to choose a quick-and-nasty method, which would see people like Megson and other true Wednesdayites tossed aside, or a method whereall members of the club supported and valued each other, but it took 3-5 years to get to the top, I know which I'd choose. You never know, we might get right to the top as well.

This dismissal leaves a very nasty taste in the mouth.