kaiserslautern 19-10-92

The away leg was by far the best atmosphere i have witnessed at a football match. For those at the sty this season times the last 10 minutes by 10 and it would be about right. Both sets off fans kept it going before during and after the match. Remember the chants of we want David hirst for what seemed an age after game and Dave Richards going to get him. The drive back on the coach was a killer though

Those pictures are class, brings back some great memories. I went to the home games against Spora ( my 14th Birthday & met Waddle before the game in the south putting a bet on! ) & also Kaiserslautern. I remember the atmosphere in the 2nd leg being absolutely amazing & the germans singing 'roll out the barrel' for sometime. Shame they cheated us out of Hirsty firing on all cylinders! UTO

Guest taffowl71

6795867352_2ced468b67_b.jpg

6941981517_295244e59e_b.jpg

6941980355_4876afee7c_b.jpg

Best tracksuit we ever had imo.

All right its classic 90s but was great , Just slightly better than the Shell suit we had in the 90-91 promotion season.

Great memories indeed. Loved watching the footage and forgot just how well Shez ran things, just shows how a "footalling brain" overcomes lack of pace. As For Hirsty's delicate header...well, you don't see "delicate" and Hirst in the same entence too often!

Couldn't get to the away leg but have to agree that the home tie was memorable in so many ways, well worth the trip from Cornwall. Caught the train at St. Erth and met a guy on the platform who's first words were "wheer tha gooin?", by the time we got to Plymouth there must have been 200 with blue and white scarves on the train.

Was a great experience our European tour although short lived,Kaiserslautern away top atmosphere we were just a little naive and didn't play how we could. Journey home on the coach was a bummer,we get to Calais and have to share the ferry back with a load of Celtic fans who weren't best pleased having been beaten by Borrusia Dortmund. The biggest disappointment on the whole experience was after being knocked out Kaiserslautern go and draw Ajax in the next round!!!!!! Now that would have been a good do,1000s of Wednesdayites in Amsterdam!! Great memories. UTO