David Prutton

Guest Whiterose69

In all honestly, I was surprised when he came off. I thought Lines would be off and Prutton go inside. Thought Lines was largely anonymous - and there surely must be a better set piece in the squad?

Guest thekelch

Think he did a good job in an unnatural position but Jones offered more when he came on.

Prutton is a bit like our Michael Owen. He clearly hated it at a small club like Swindon but when at us or L**ds he's happy to be a part of it and will do a job wherever needed and be happy to do it.

Guest wednesday_lass

Prutton is not a winger but he did a job there, however, due to the fact it's not his natural position people will see him as 'slow' and use him as the teams scapegoat...just like JOC was.

This.

True, but he's got over 10 years on Prutton and should be giving as much effort at least.

Well maybe if our manager played players in there position people wouldn't slate them as much. Lines was shocking when he signed as he was playing left midfield but when he came inside showed what a better player he was. O'Connor who we had a lot of respect for as a central player his reputation he to most fans was ruined by Megson by playing him at left midfield and having loads of people screaming at JOC but his manager should never have let him play there. Tottenham paid £700,000 for a talented central player yet for some reason he comes here a Megson believes he's a wide player? You watch Bostock everytime he plays he gets the ball and comes central and looks for a pass he isn't a winger as he doesn't cross or have the ability to go past someone. But you can tell he likes to get on the ball and make passes and control a game from the centre. Megson doesn't seem to like a team of cross country runners.

Guest Nilsson_is_God

In all honestly, I was surprised when he came off. I thought Lines would be off and Prutton go inside. Thought Lines was largely anonymous - and there surely must be a better set piece in the squad?

Didnt think it was Lines best game ever, but thought he did alright... bit of an unsung hero to be honest, agree about the set pieces though, but we should really have a left footer swinging some of them in.....

Well maybe if our manager played players in there position people wouldn't slate them as much. Lines was shocking when he signed as he was playing left midfield but when he came inside showed what a better player he was. O'Connor who we had a lot of respect for as a central player his reputation he to most fans was ruined by Megson by playing him at left midfield and having loads of people screaming at JOC but his manager should never have let him play there. Tottenham paid £700,000 for a talented central player yet for some reason he comes here a Megson believes he's a wide player? You watch Bostock everytime he plays he gets the ball and comes central and looks for a pass he isn't a winger as he doesn't cross or have the ability to go past someone. But you can tell he likes to get on the ball and make passes and control a game from the centre. Megson doesn't seem to like a team of cross country runners.

I've got to say, I think Bostock is too much of a "nice chap" to play League 1 football

I thought Prutton was just what we needed for a big game in front of a MASSIVE crowd. He is not a wide man but he closed down that side of the blunts attack apart from one error. Thought he did ok out of position, and got into some useful positions on the edge of the box a couple of times. I think they all played brilliantly so why do we want to criticise any of them ?