The Official Back Gary Megson Thread

Megson IN!

I agree with his own post-match assessment. If you look at where we were when he started to where we are now and what he has had to spend it speaks for itself. He is working miracles. He is too good for this league and wouldn't have dropped for any other club because of his love of the Owls. It would be ridiculous to get rid now. We would stand no chance of replacing him with equal or better.

100% backing from me

he's one of us

and why on earth we would want to swop a manager who has a credible premiership CV and has european experience with someone who 's had a lot of money but ultimately achieved nothing in a small welsh town is beyond me....

Back Megson but also back the idea of people who don't know what they're talking about, not talking. As the Cardiff fan who came on here stated, DJ made money for Cardiff, he didn't net spend.

As for fan who said he'd back him if we finish 7th, don't agree. We finish in the playoffs, and show promise between now and the end of the season, I'll back him whatever the outcome in the playoffs.

I'm just waiting for your first poor run of results.

Then all the antipathy of Wilson's Wednesday connections will spill out like the fury of hell. It won't be pretty.

Until then, enjoy your mocking. And your MASSIVE debts.

Lest we forget, if our free kick had been one inch lower, and O'Grady's glancing header been wide or saved, this would be a very different thread.

BTW, our only debt is to Sir Kev. Unlike MM, he didn't buy us just to make a quick buck.

Guest Sheff Owl

Said it yesterday - the players and fans showed respect for gary megson, the players proved they want to play for him.

He can only work with what he has been given, we obviously missed out on certain targets for whatever reason.

Overall tho the respect for gary megson is there from the fans and players, is it there respect from MM/PA???

If all the rumours are true then obviously not why flipping interview people when you have a manager doing a good job?

Megson doesn't even know where he stands, which is simply shocking.

I really think and i'll say it again if true the actions of MM/PA are disgraceful. I expect better from these people at the club.

Just to add if all this has gone on, we probably have a better idea at some of the circumstances gary megson has had to put up with.

Seriously i hope all this is a load of crap, MM has done a hell of a lot for us and the club and is in danger of losing a lot of respect!!

Guest AnotherOwl

Cos I played football with one of megsons staff for over 10 years

Things aren't good and the rumours are true.

Dave jones has been interviewed and megson knows about it.

If this is the case, it is very worrying. Milan needs to speak up asap, and clear the air - and back our man Mego.

Lest we forget, if our free kick had been one inch lower, and O'Grady's glancing header been wide or saved, this would be a very different thread.

BTW, our only debt is to Sir Kev. Unlike MM, he didn't buy us just to make a quick buck.

And let's not forget that as soon as you hit a dodgy spell, Agent Wilson will once again become that pig fan who you never wanted. Better get your shoes ready just in case.

Ah, the chance and vagaries of football. Some of them can accept them more readily than others.

I still find how sanguine you lot are about the MASSIVE financial burden your club faces rather interesting. It is a Sword of Damocles hanging over your head. McCabe has prevented it from falling so far, but surely he can't continue like this indefinitely? There will be some interesting decisions to be made in future years.