Mark Halsey is the ref for Sunday

Just out of Curiosity have you a link to this exclusive info you have provided ? as there is nothing showing on the usual sites that list appointments, and which usually dont come out till TUESDAY anyway

KM is 'in' at SUFC and is always spot on.

Oh, and i'm delighted with Halsey- i've seen him do a few derby matches from other cities this season on Sky and he has reffed them all well.

Guest chuckie4570

Lets hope he keeps the game flowing and understands the passion of a derby match (and sends off at least 3 pigs and gives us 3 penalties) :biggrin:

Halsey is an excellent choice. He's reffed the Sheffield derby a couple of times in the past and done a great job in keeping it under control - if I remember right he didn't give out a single yellow card in one of the derby's?

He hasn't gave any red card's this season either - very lenient referee.

I too think he's a decent ref, but he will dish the cards out if needs be. He sent Pressman off at Wolves in under 15 seconds not so many years ago.....never a handball :rolleyes:

In my opinion, the best referee there is.

I thought he was one of the best before his illness to be honest, but since he's come back I think he's improved. Seems to let games flow, and he's very rarely involved in controversial decisons.

Honestly don't think we could have got a better, more qualified referee for the Derby.

(Watch him have an absolute mare now, and give us nothing like every other ref this season!)

We are definately due a good ref and hopefully one of those things where you put the ball on the spot and have a shot against their keeper.....

You know one of those things the blunts and every other f00ker seems to get.....its name escapes me.

Heres hoping we actually dont get d!cked by the officials.....just for this one.

Guest kylejswfc

We're due a few dodgy decisions and maybe a pen.....Sunday would be a perfect time

I was just thinking this. We're definately due a pen!

Doesn't matter who it is, won't be a homer, never seen one at Hillsborough. Only thing in our favour is a big crowd with away fans. I'm sure tinpot team players say to the ref "don't let this big crowd influence you". Stevenage certainly did, theor players were constantly talking to him, moaning and appealing for decisions that were blatantly not theirs.